Chapter 3

Hiroshi stared at me for a moment. "Is that her necklace?" He asked softly.

I nodded. "Yes."

"I'm sorry to hear that you've lost both your parents." Hiroshi said softly.

"It's ok... What about you?" I asked softly.

Hiroshi looked down slightly. "I was given up for adoption when I was a baby. I never met my birth parents."

I stared at him. "I-I'm sorry."

His dark eyes shifted to mine. "Don't be, darling. It's all good."

"So, then Kazuma is your cousin by the adoptive family?" I asked softly.

Hiroshi nodded. "Wait, how did you know Kazuma was my cousin?"

I smiled a little. "He's dating my friend Destiny."

"No kidding." Hiroshi smiled.

I nodded a little. "She's the happiest I've ever seen her since she started dating Kazuma."

Hiroshi smiled. "He's a good guy. He adores Des. That's his whole world."

I smiled a little and looked down slightly. "She deserves a guy like that."

"So do you." Hiroshi said softly.

"I know..." I said softly.

"I know Storm hurt you, and he's being really possessive, but I can promise you that not all guys are like that. I'm not like that." Hiroshi said.

I gave a nod as I kept my eyes down. "I'm sure you are a good guy."

Hiroshi stared at me as a small smile appeared on his face. "Why don't you give me a chance to show you?"

"I just got cheated on... Wouldn't that be a rebound?"

Hiroshi chuckled as he looked down at the table for a moment. "No, it's called upgrading your standards."

I met his eyes and then raised my brow. "Seriously?"

Hiroshi sat back, keeping one arm stretched out on the table as he placed the other on his leg, which rested across his other leg. "The way I see it, Storm was a jackass that never deserved you in the first place. And he was ugly as shit." I raised my brows at him in response. "I'm not talking about physical features. I'm talking about him in general, his heart, his soul. It was ugly as shit."

I looked down slightly. He wasn't wrong, I started to see how unattractive Storm really was. I guess when the blinders come off and you see the real person, you start seeing them differently. But, how do I know this isn't what's happening with Hiroshi? "You're not wrong..." I said softly.

Hiroshi was quiet for a long moment. "I'm not perfect, but I would never hurt or disrespect a woman. Not even if she really deserved it. I wouldn't do it. It's not worth it. In the end, people always get what's coming to them eventually. That's how karma works."

"Was this my karma?" I frowned. "Did I do something so wrong that I ended up in this situation and left hurt?"

"I think you had something to learn here." Hiroshi said. "There are life lessons to be learned even in the hardest of situations that you wouldn't expect to happen to you."