Chapter 4

Hiroshi watched me as he talked to Kazuma, now speaking Japanese. I assume Hiroshi does this when he's angry or frustrated. I sat down on the window seat and began studying.

Kazuma arrived so Hiroshi could go to the hardware store then came back. I glanced at him as he changed the door knob on the door and tested the key.

He placed the key in his pocket for now. He took his jacket off and began working to install the top latch for the door.

I looked down for a moment then stood up and stretched. I put my hair up and used a pencil to hold my hair in place.

I walked to the kitchen, grabbing two bottles of water. I walked over to Hiroshi. His dark eyes met mine. "Water?" I held out the bottle.

Hiroshi smiled a little. "Thank you, sweetheart." He took the bottle from my hand.

"You're welcome..." I said then stared at his hand. "You're bleeding..."

Hiroshi looked at his hand. "Huh... I didn't even feel it."

I shook my head and grabbed his hand leading him to the bathroom. I cleaned his wound then put ointment on it. I placed a band aid over so he would get it dirty or knock it open any further. "There." I met his eyes.

He smiled a little. "You didn't have to do that, doc."

"Have you finished installing the door latch?"

"No."

"Then, I did have to do that. You don't need to knock it open more or get it dirty. It can cause an infection."

Hiroshi placed his hands on the counter by my sides as he leaned closer to me. I felt my face get hot. "Thanks, doc."

"You're welcome." I said softly.

Hiroshi kissed my forehead. I closed my eyes for a moment then met his dark eyes. He smiled and walked out.

I walked out of the bathroom and over to the window. I sat down as he went right back to installing the door latch.

I tried to study, but I couldn't focus. I pressed my forehead to my knees. "What's wrong?" Hiroshi asked.

"I can't focus..." I huffed. "I got through some, but there is still so much to cover."

"Was I distracting you?" Hiroshi asked.

"No, it's not you."

"Oh really?" He walked closer to me. "So you haven't been watching me?" I met his eyes. He smirked. "You watched me last night before coming to lay with me. You watched me while I was working on the door too."

I blushed a little. "I didn't realize how observant you are..."

Hiroshi chuckled. "I'm very observant." He pressed his hands to the window seat on either side of me. His forehead pressed to mine gently, his eyes still on mine. "You can watch me anytime you want, baby girl." The way he called me 'baby girl' sent a chill of ecstasy through my body. I glanced at his lips then back at his eyes.

There was a loud bang on the door, causing Hiroshi and I to look towards the door. "Angel!" Storm shouted. "How dare you have the locks changed."