Chapter 8

When I woke up, Hiroshi was still holding my hand. He had his head resting on his arm while sitting by the bed. "Hiroshi..." I said softly.

His head shot up. "Are you ok? Are you in pain?" He asked with concern.

"No." I yawned. "How bad am I?"

"You have a lot of internal bruising and a cut on your cheek. Doc said it may scar..."

I nodded. "How long was I in that warehouse?"

"Five hours..." Hiroshi looked at our hands.

"What happened to them?"

"Gabe left and Riven is dead... He went out the same way his brother did... Bullet between the eyes..." Hiroshi clenched his jaw.

"Why let Gabe live?" I asked. "He could come back..."

"He's a pussy. If he comes back, he will have to have someone do his dirty work for him. He's scared of me."

"What if he does?" I asked. "What if he does exactly that?"

"Then he will die... Don't worry about that, sweetheart. Let me worry about that."

"I got hurt Hiroshi... How can I not worry about it..." I began to cry. I tried to sit up, but it hurt to move too much.

"Angel..." Hiroshi frowned. I slammed my hands on the bed in frustration. Hiroshi remained silent for a long moment before standing up. I slowly looked up at him as tears rolled down my cheek. He sat on the edge of the bed and gentley pushed his arms under to me to lift me upright. His arms wrapped around me tightly, but gentle enough to not cause me any discomfort. "I'm sorry, Angel." He whispered.

"No, it's not your fault..." I leaned my head on his shoulder. I lifted my head, tucking some hair behind my ear before meeting his eyes. "How did you find me?" I asked.

"Ryu... He saw you being taken. He followed the van then pinged the location to the rest of us."

I nodded. "Tell him thank you for me."

Hiroshi gave a nod and turned to the door. "Ryu! She said thank you!"

"You're welcome!" Ryu called back.

I shook my head as I laughed a little. "I didn't mean shout..."

Hiroshi looked at me. "Then he wouldn't have heard me."

"You could have gotten up and walked out there."

"That's too much work, and I'm not leaving your side for anything."

"What if one of those friends calls with a favor?" I asked.

"They can wait. I'm not leaving you." Hiroshi said softly.

I nodded. "I do have a question though."

Hiroshi looked at my hands, grabbing them softly. His eyes shifted back to mine. "Ask me anything you want to know and I will answer honestly."

"Promise?" I asked. Hiroshi gave a nod. "How many enemies do you have?"

"Too many to count, sweetheart. I've been doing this gig since I was I was a eighteen."