college roommates | lucy chen

MUSIC BLASTED THROUGH the speakers as she walked into the frat house. It was a party for the freshmen coming in, a chance to get to know each other and decide who they wanted to room with for the next four or so years. Y/n had gone with a friend, but they ended up getting separated as soon as they got there.

Once she had her sight of a cute boy, she disappeared leaving Y/n to fend for herself.

Her first thought was to look for the drinks table and keep to herself. She pushed through the large groups of dancing and sweaty bodies that reeked of alcohol to get toward the drink table. She had been to a few parties in her high school years, but none of them were like this. This is much bigger and much louder.

She picked up a cup once she reached the table and then stepped off to the side, staring out at the crowd. As the minutes passed, the crowd had gotten bigger and the sounds had gotten overwhelmingly loud. She had to find a quiet spot to escape for a bit. She ended up approaching the guy handing out the drinks and tapped on his shoulder to get his attention. "Hey, is there a quiet place I can go to for a bit?!" She shouted to make sure she could be heard.

"There's a bathroom upstairs that we don't allow anyone to go to, you'll be fine in there!" The guy shouted back and continued to pass out drinks. "Just don't get caught! If you do, tell them I said it was okay!"

"I don't know your name though."

"It's Brady!"

She took a mental note of that and nodded. She flashed him a grateful smile and then started the search for the bathroom he talked about.

She made her way upstairs and to the right. She opened the last door to see the bathroom Brady told her about, but it was already occupied by a woman with dark brown hair and brown eyes sitting on the floor with a drink in her hand. She thought this part of the student center was off-limits at this time, what was she doing here? She had to have talked to Brady like she did. "Got any room for one more?" Y/n asked the woman curiously, a slight grin on her face.

"Yeah, of course." The woman replied motioning for her to come in.

Y/n stepped into the room, shutting the door behind her. She sat on the floor, resting against the door. "This wasn't your scene either was it?" Y/n asked her curiously.

"Nah, not really. My name is Lucy, by the way. Lucy Chen." She introduced herself and held a hand out to her.

She smiled at the woman and shook her hand. "I'm Y/n L/n. It's nice to meet you, Lucy." She spoke and took her hand back, soon taking a sip of her drink. "What are you majoring in?" She asked her curiously.

"Law, and then the police academy after this. I wanted to be a cop and make a difference."

"That's cool, tell me more about that."

For the past couple of hours, the two girls had talked and laughed about whatever came to mind. Although they just met hours ago, they felt like they had known each other their whole lives. She's never had this experience with many people, but with Lucy, it was different. It was almost instantly.

Y/n was currently telling her a story from her high school days. To her, it was the funniest thing that could have happened to her. The laughs coming from Lucy made it seem like she agreed.

"The second I got to the gym, I saw my friend slip like a cartoon character had just stepped on a banana peel," She continued to tell the story, trying to hold back her laughs, but she was unsuccessful. The two girls laughed, trying not to make too much noise so they didn't get caught. The fact that both of them had a few drinks already wasn't helping their case. "She kept trying to get up, but that part of the floor hasn't had time to dry since it was waxed so she just kept falling." She continued to laugh, soon standing up to get another drink. "I'm going to get another drink, do you want one?" She asked once she was able to calm down enough to get words out.