I Did Something Bad

💛Fearless💛
Once we decided on our plan, everyone but Midnights and Lover left. I couldn't stop worrying on the car ride there. Debut is my everything, I can't lose her.

My thoughts were interrupted by Evermore yelling "okay everyone, let's go," which I was not ready to do. I was terrified.

The more we walked, the more my thoughts ran. What if Debut was in danger? Or hurt? Or worse...what if she wasn't even alive? We might be too late. Or, she might not even be there. She could be somewhere far, far away by now. She's so young and small and helpless by herself, anyone could do anything to her. She can't fight someone off on her own. She's my favorite person ever. My best friend. My everything. If she doesn't end up alive after this, I actually won't be able to move on. Ever.

When I snapped back to reality for a second, I noticed that everyone was staring at me. Folklore had told them to stop walking, and I realized I was hyperventilating.

"You okay?"

"I-I can't bre-breathe" I gasped.

"Shhh it's okay. Just take some deep breaths" Folklore started rubbing my back.

"I can't"

"You guys keep walking, we'll follow" she turned to everyone, then started walking alongside me. "You worried about her?" Folklore lowered her voice and looked at me.

I couldn't get any words out, so I just nodded and finally let the tears flow.

"She'll be okay"

"You don't know that. What if she isn't? I can't live without her."

"I know, I know. It'll be okay. It's only been a few hours, we're gonna go find her. Whoever took her brought her somewhere to probably hold her hostage. I know that isn't ideal, but I doubt they took some random girl just to kill her. She's probably scared, but I highly doubt they've done anything to her. And if they did, it's very unlikely they killed her for no reason...sorry, I'm probably not helping..."

"No no, you are. Thanks" I whispered and looked at the ground.

"I'm sorry this is all happening. I can't imagine how hard this is for you. Just know it's gonna be okay. I promise you"

"Thanks" I looked up at her and tried to smile. While still walking, she pulled me into a hug, and man, I really needed that hug.

After walking for a few more minutes, we got to the abandoned building that we arrived at last time, thanks to Evermore marking the trees. That was a good call.

"Okay, is everyone ready?" Evermore asked everyone with her hand on the knob.

Everyone nodded, and Folklore gave me one last tight squeeze and a reassuring nod before we all walked in.

💙Midnights💙
"Owwww" Lover groaned when she tried to sit up.

"You should probably, uh, not move. It's probably not good to make it hurt more."

"I know, I'm just trying to reposition myself. This couch isn't the most comfortable"

"I know."

There was an awkward silence for about a minute straight before I came up with something that a normal, non-high person would say.

"Do you need anything?"

"Do we have any painkillers?"

"Yeah, I have something that gets rid of pain. I'll be right back."

I left Lover on the couch as I walked up to my room and grabbed my own painkillers out of the drawer.

"Here"