❀Ⅹ. Forgiven Under My Rule

I jumped and grasp for her hand just in time to save Gia from falling nine stories under. Now, I just need to weight a ton to lift her up.

"Just let me go. I hurt you, remember?" Gia cried. That's the first time she sobbed.

I can do that. Let her die in demise but my problem won't solve with just that. It'll just add more to it. How would I forgive her when she earns back my trust. she'll not be there anymore. Georgia, not after few days ago, was my person. I believed I am hers too.

I screamed for help as loud as I can when my hands sweats. Few lights from other rooms lit up. That should help.

"I really wish we met differently, Blake," Gia rambled. The sky starts raining heavily. I'm not sure whether it's my tears or the rain that falls on Gia's cheeks.

'Hold on. Don't let go, Claire'

"Not every friendship can be saved. Sometimes you just had to let them go." My knuckles white and my joints sore from carrying both Gia and my guilt. Though it doesn't help, I gritted my teeth to hold on. On her to not let go and the same on myself.

It only lasted for few minutes.

Gia looked up at me with an expression I want to forever erase from my head. The look on her face makes my grips loose.

She already let me go. She gave up on me. Her glassy hazel orbs close as gravity pulled her under and my eyes can't help but watch.

"Move!" In one blink, Wyatt shoved me from the window and reach for Gia's hand. He caught her and pulled her up in one go. Male students burst into my room and brought Georgia to safety, particularly where there's no window.

I stared at the window; pictures of her jumping still flashes in front of me. Panting, my knees buckled and I fell. Water dripped from my wet hair as my body shivered. 'She's saved. It's fine. Calm down'

Gia. I need to see her. Standing up, I grab my hoodie and head to the door.

"Where are you going? You're the last person she wants to see right now." Wyatt pulled me by the elbow, sitting me back down on the bed.

Everyone already left, it's just us two now. "Let her breath first. Your face is probably haunting her as much as she is to you."

I shook his clutch but he didn't falter. The energy left in my body is not enough to tackle down a footballer.

"Just stay here, I'll call your friends for you." Wyatt left my room, calling people who he deems as my friends.

From the commotions I heard outside, the school is a complete chaos. All I know, there were two-night watchers planted before our room, stopping nosy students from crashing into our apartment. A shuffling through the door snaps me out to reality.

George was the first to throw herself on me then followed with Gina and Sophie. Denise only gave me his reassuring smile. I was buried under their bodies that somehow feels comforting even though, I can't breathe.

"From the look on the teachers' faces, curfew is the last thing on their mind. I think it's safe to crash here. Besides, it's the weekends." Denise uttered, organizing pillows and blankets for our unplanned sleepover.

We set up what's left in the fridge and dine in the living room. Sabine included, willingly. They said it's to calm my nerves but I see through their lies. They're all scared of the incident from two hours ago. Even though, no lives are lost, they still thought the apartment is haunted.

"Don't forget about us," Tyler yelled from the balcony which spooked us all.

Wyatt and Finn followed him suit, bringing takeover food in hand. I don't think I want to know how they climbed up to here. I gave Wyatt a confused look which he ignored mindlessly.