❀𝟏𝟓. Have No Rights

My Fingers that yesterday were so trained and ready froze. My vision is failing me as I heard my name getting called numerous times in the distance.

'Think straight, breath in. Now out. Everything is fine. Just focus and breath.'

"Blake?" Since when Cassie stood in front of me? Her worried face makes my heart shatter.

"I'm sorry, let's start,"

My fingers find its place and played the piano. Although shaky at first, I managed to find my pace before anyone notice me slipping. It's a good think that it's my back that is facing the audience. They won't be able to see my tears ricocheting.

I am helping a girl serenading Wyatt. The same Wyatt who almost becomes mine if I didn't be so careless.

It all went like a blur. After hitting the last note, I went to the front and bowed down before coming off the stage. I remember Cassie saying her thanks and hugged me but I can't recall how I find myself locked inside a bathroom, crying my eyeballs out.

It hurts like gushing a piece of glass through your chest. The walls I've slowly built around my heart ruined by just one silly coincidence. It's Wyatt. Of course there are lines waiting for his affection. I'm no different. I have no right to feel betrayed.

How would he feel? He must think that I'm making fun of the awkward situation we're in. That I'm too chill to help a girl confess his love to him.

On a second thought, this might be helpful. We already bring an end to whatever unlabeled relationship we're in. It's just like saying a clear message that there's no hope for an us anymore.

Time to shut the doors.

'It's fine. I'm on the right track'

"I saved you some tater totes, in case you're hungry!" Sophie shouted over the other side of the door.

I've been crashing in my room since the festival ended. Finishing works that should be done next week and drawing random sketches in between breaks.

The performance must have shaken them too but I'm incapable to form a proper sentence right now. The unexpected turn of events left a deep scar and I just need time to stitch it. They would understand.

I feel so ashamed and used even though, I shouldn't. Cassie is a bright and nice girl. He needs someone like her to mend the mess I've made. 'Yes, that's it'

George: Open your windows right now!

'What the actual...'

George entered my room skillfully like it's an everyday event. Her furrowed eyebrows are never a good sign. Hearing another shuffling down the window, I checked for other uninvited guests and truth be told, Denise and Gina are making their way up to my room.

"We're already in!" Denise exclaimed when he set foot on the floor then the twins came in bringing a tub of Ben & Jerry's.

"You, okay?" Gina asked squeezing my cheeks together. I nod my head but my quivering lips gave out. "There, there. You didn't know it would turn out like this." She stroked my hair, babying me.

That night, we all slept on the floor after hours of sharing juicy gossips and chattering about mindless things. It helps me take my mind off what happened at the ceremony today. Not completely but still, I'd take anything to escape from thinking of it. I'm grateful even just for a millisecond.

The tub was empty when I wake up this morning. Pretty sure, Denise finished it but the spoon between my fingers proved otherwise. They already left, making my room seems too spacious once again. Looking at my mirror dresser, the bags under my eyes only becomes heavier by the day. There's a lot going on ever since I came here. Some cases make me happy as Larry and some crushed my spirits even worse when I'm back at home nonetheless. It fluctuates, depending on what destiny have in store for me.

Sabine lends me a hand with my tie after being pissed watching me almost choke myself countless times. I never knew we could grow this close. If I asked myself months before whether we'd ever see matters eye to eye, I would flinch and barf.

Life works in mysterious ways.

First class for today is Psychology. It's the closest I can get for a therapy class. On the contrary, I bet it wouldn't work as the same since my source of weary is seated few tables to my right. I have to scold myself this morning to not skip class, it'll just show how weak I am and trust me when I said that it's the last thing I want.

As usual, Wyatt didn't spare me a glance. That's not unforeseen, in fact, it's just how I wish for. Well, for now.

Tyler on the other hand, can't stop poking my back with a ruler every few second. I almost, flown my chair to his big forehead.

"Stop it," I sneered, on the brink of committing murder.

"He's worried about you." Glancing to my right, I saw Wyatt concentrating more on his desk than the whiteboard.

"Doubtful."

I returned my fullest attention to the front and scribbles some notes worth taking but Tyler's pokes didn't stop.

'Poke, poke, poke'

"I said stop!" I yelled, standing up. When I saw the shocked eyeballs staring me, only then I realized where I'm currently in. A class of 20 students and a grumpy looking professor.

Professor Wintour eyed both Finn and I then give us something different to do outside the class room. Away from her diligent students.

"Sorry, my bad," Finn apologized sheepishly as we continue squatting up and down while each carrying a thick book on our heads. I scowled, clearly irritated. He'll be the first being to ever taste my deadly Muay Thai kick.

"Wyatt!" Finn suddenly called out. For a moment, I searched for him, looking right and left even though there's no sight of him until I realized I've been fooled.

Surviving high school with a clean criminal record is so hard to maintain.

"Blake!" A too familiar voice screamed from my behind. The books I clutched to my chest almost fall.

Cassie, in her purple cheerleading uniform jogged to my side. She gave me a box of strawberry filled puff, the ones that taste too weird for my tongue but I can't bear to say it to her face.

She is grinning from ear to ear, how could I possibly...

"He hasn't given me a reply yet so I'm a bit worried." She confides. What should be the right words to say in this kind of situation?

"H-he'll come around, trust me." Giving Cassie a comforting squeeze on the shoulder, I didn't realize the figure who is walking towards us. With a gloom expression nonetheless.

"Wyatt Fenning!" Cassie gushed when she realized why I suddenly halted.

'Oh boy'

Wyatt contemplates to acknowledge Cassie since he has to greet me in front of her but in the end, he did. Almost seemed force if I could add.

Cassie gives me a side look as if giving me a silent message.

'Oh yeah, I should give them privacy'

I excused myself, stepping away from the pair, pulling my books closer to my chest. Hearing whispers from students that starts to flock around them, I quicken my pace but the forming crowds slowed me down. In no hell, I'm going to speculate their first display of affection.

"I was wondering if you are free this weekend because there's a new movie coming out and-,"

"Of course."

I spin my head to them and met his eyes. He smirks before he spins his heels.