❀𝟐𝟐. Savior

I was in mom's arms when I woke up. She was running in inhumane speed from someone who was much faster. Her cries alarmed my ears. Mom smiled when she noticed me stirring. "I'm sorry I was late."

Her body suddenly froze after I assumed was a gunshot. She gasped and fell to the ground, making a thud. My trembling hands try to stop the blood gushing from her chest.

"Run, little one. Run," were the last words she said to me before someone pulled me off her side as she let out her final breath.

"Andrew!" Headmaster Salvador exclaimed. His frown returns back to his casual smile.

I can't help but sighed in relief when it was him who came. Heavens knows if the other expected Mr. Dupont who went through the door. The gentleman throws me a wink before shifting his gaze to the officers.

"I'm the guardian of Miss Dupont. Fill me in. Without violence this time." He threatened, shooting daggers at one at fault.

The officer staggered and fixes his scowl. "And who the hell would you be?"

My savior let out a bitter chuckle, eyes fixed on the officer. He stretches out a hand to the one that he stamped as a bastard seconds ago and smirks. "Andrew Santez Dupont, you can call me Mr. S."

That one sentence able to make the officers stand in one line and pay their much belated bow.

"As far as I know, this law is irrelevant to people outside the country. Brave of you to do the job of Brondva's police department. Do you think they are incompetent?"

"No, sir. We're just looking out for the civilians."

"Looking out for what exactly? My powerless sister who was stripped off her titles? I was the one who legally change her name and take her under my wing. What could she possibly do in this school anyway? Has she done any disciplinary action, headmaster?" Headmaster Salvador shakes his head.

"But she's reported dead. It's a Pseudocide, s-sir."

"Are you a Brondvan police officer?" The man shook his head. "Brondvan detective?" Mr. S stands up, resting his palms on the table causing the officer to flinch. "Brondvan corporal? Seargent?" He inches closer to the man.

"N-no, sir."

"Then I suggest you to shut the fuck up."

In the end, I must be expelled since I've entered the school with what Sabine used to call as, 'Alternative way'. Although both meant totally different but I can't seem to find the contrast. It's a shame that I was unable to get on stage and get my cert.

The much-humbled officers left the room after few discussions in private. I was left in a separate room while hearing their talk through the walls.

"It seems dad had secretly published your comic, Claire." Mr. S clarified right after he exited the room next door.

'He did? That's impossible. He already reaped them to million pieces...'

"You were accused of plagiarism after jury suspect the comic you sent have the exact art-style of a published work. When they dig deeper, they found out your true identity and disqualified you." Headmaster adds up.

'So, all those sleepless nights gone to the drain, huh?'

"I'll give you time to pack up and come clean with your friends. After all, your stay here pretty much left a mark to most of us." Headmaster squeezed my shoulder and gives a comforting smile.