❀𝟐𝟎. Professional Campers

Every few years, seniors of Easthein High would come to a secluded part of the school. All they do were harmful endeavors that they unable to do during school period. We are the only boarding school that are not granted semesters breaks. All the more reason to let this tradition slide so we have a thing to look up to before getting up the stage and take our certificates.

Sophie twist the key and the door unlocked, the key jiggles when she retracts it back. She face the crowd tailing her with a Cheshire cat grin. Around a hundred seniors cheers inaudibly, shooting their hands up and cupped their mouths. The baskets of snacks Sabine carries and a gigantic boombox speaker over Denise shoulder didn't stop them from wriggling into the dimly light tunnel.

The key will only pass on the senior of most deserving. With a perfect attendance and maintaining high grade since her freshman year, Sophie is just the right person. On some rare occasions, when there is no student nominated, the key would remain unbothered until next befitting senior is picked.

The one person in charge for this passing of key is none other than the oldest cleaner who had work in school grounds for almost six decades. Some even said she's immortal. Seeing how fast she paced before, I would say so too. Rumors said she's a reincarnation of Duchess Fiona herself. Doesn't matter if they're true or not because the thrill is what matters.

The key in question, lead to a secret tunnel which brings to a perfect camping site. Upon reaching the end of the tunnel, loud gasps accompanied mine. Just as what rumors has said, the large fire never fades off. From a distance, the fire itself is obviously no ordinary blaze. It's ethereal verge of blue, signifies the school's official color. Stones of variety sizes, weathered and smooth encircle the firepit. Burnt grass pokes out as if it was just freshly lit, like it is waiting for our arrival.

Surrounding the firepit are benched tables with the usual checkered tablecloth and candles to weigh them down. Denise is the first to pick a table, his childish, out of the blue act done a solid at making the thick air around us loosen. People begins to hurl around and pick one for their group of friends.

Odd enough, the tables are just in the perfect number. There are tons of logs gathered for extra chairs but a student suggest to set them aside for Spooky Tale session later.

Above, the moon hangs low. Stars twinkle through the gaps of clouds, giving ample light to brighten our special night. I sneak a pic but as legends are told, they can't capture the whole beauty.

"Can't believe we're graduating tomorrow." Josh uttered next to me. His blonde hair turns ginger by the campfire's glow.

"I thought you hate it here."

"Exactly my point." He chuckles and runs to Tyler who is terrifyingly setting up the lamb skewers. For some unapparent reason, he's doing it blindfolded and trust me, he didn't get the knack of it. It's a wonder how he's a son of Easthein prestigious president.

The girls on the other hand, are crafting flower crowns out of delicate blooms and twinning vines. Sabine made me one that matches Sophie's and Gina's while Denise pout when he didn't get one for his head. A flick on a forehead from Sophie silent his whines.

After the meats and marshmallows were cooked and burnt, committees in charge prepare them in plates and pass them around. I grin when mine almost spill out of the plate. Tyler stay true to his words and gave me the best pieces.

There are lost bats flying aimlessly and curios deer poking their head every few hours but despite that, the night in this enchanted clearing is like a dream. Laughter mingles with whispers of the wind through the leaves, creating an irreplaceable symphony. Some are enjoying a sport never played by mankind, tossing and tagging until a champion is crowned, some brazen ones set up a Ouija board and tries to hook few intrigued spirits. I was too spooked to stay to see the end results.