chapter three- rishtey purane

vanraj

I was here in America. Not for a vacation but for some property work of Bapuji. The papers wanted signatures of both the spouses. The ex-spouse. Anupamaa Joshi.

According to Kinjal- she was working in a restaurant named Spice and Chutney as a cook.

Anupamaa could do that properly and perfectly.

Her dishes were delicious and delectable.

THE MASALA CHAI. Although she put excess sugar in it, it still tasted heavenly.

Hungry I was for I had not eaten a proper meal. Who eats sandwiches and sandwiches?

I really wanted something Indian and Spice and Chutney was the perfect one to dine in.

Years had passed but I still craved for Anupamaa's hand cooked food.

I needed to go there- to eat and then get her sign on the papers.

---

anupamaa

Today was going to be a hectic day. There were so many orders.

And the masala chai list was never ending. The foreigners liked it too!

Anyways, I was happy.

The door swings open.

The first customer of the day.

Only I was present--the staff had gone to pick up some stuff from the market.

''Hiloo Sir, welcome to Spice & Chutney''

''Hello hota hai, Anupama....ji''

I stared at the man in front of me.

No. He was real.

Mister Shah.

Mister Vanraj Shah.

''Aankhein badi mat kariye--zinda hoon aur yahin hoon main. Sach mein.''

I blinked my eyes.

''Aap yahaan kya kar rahe hain?''

''Aise puchtey hain mehmano ko--Atithi devo bhava- Anupamaa ji. Bhul gayi kya saarey sanskaar jab yahaan kadam rakha?''

''Sanskaron ka bhashan na de toh accha hi hai--aap ke muh se acchi nahi lagti.''

''Woh tum aap hi de sakti hain Anupamaa ji--meri kya hi aukat hai?''

''Sharam kijiye--aise lad rahe hain mujhse..pata nahi Kavya ke saath kya kartey honge--bechari.''

''Bechara main hoon-woh nahi, usne toh dhokha diya mujhe. Aur waise bhi jhagda ab hoga bhi nahi woh nahi hain--chaligayi woh apne pati ke paas wapas. Ab woh aur Anirudh khush hain Mahi ke saath''

''Kavya wapas apne pati ke paas chaligayi? Aur Mahi Kavya ki beti?''

''Mahi, Kavya aur Anirudh ki beti hai. Woh khush hain ab.Aur main bhi shaanti se hoon.''