chapter ten- shadyantra

sumedh

Her face beamed with joy when she saw Abhira- perhaps she doubted me.

Her chinta for others will not end

Abhira ran and hugged her tightly.

How I wish I could hug her the same way as her.

''How did you know my address Anupamaa ji?'' I asked once she settled in the hallway.

The househelp came with glasses of fruit juice.

''I am sorry to follow you but my heart wasn't in peace--I was worrying for Abhira''

''No worries-'' I glanced at Abhira and she looked at me with a soft smile.

''Where do you live aunty?'' Abhira asked her.

''The cafe lane--you see, from there straight and then to the right and then straight and then to the left and then straight--and the third house is my son's''

''The Trimexset Square you mean..'' I said

''Haan..that trim..ex..set square''

Time went by it was dinner time and Anupamaa had brought us some food. She was Anupamaa after--all. Food had to be there.

As she prepared to leave after giving us the containers, Abhira stopped her and requested her to sit with us.

This girl was trying to do what? Opening the pages of my past?

Taking a long sigh I sit on with them--Abhira on my left and Anupamaa on the right--me at the center.

The boxes had indian delicacies--starting from kheer in the sweet dish, paneer curry, dal fry, chappati and aloo matar.

All my favorites.

''Actually I prefer eating salads and soup--i am on a diet. Sorry'' I made an excuse.

Her food would definitely bring happiness in my heart and stomach and tears in my eyes. She would know by that I am her son.

''You are already so fit and slim--why would you diet?'' Anupamaa asked me.

Mothers had a habit of feeding their children extra amount of food. Although they get fat--they would never say it--unless you sit idle and do not listen to them or  do not work.

''Its okay Anupamaa ji---I am good..ummp!''

Abhira had forcefully shoved a morsel of food--inside my mouth.

''Aapne bhi toh subah se kuch khaya nahi hai--mere saath hi thhey--isiliye kiya yeh---sorry--aur salads se bhet bharta hai kya--aur ek raat yeh khalenge toh wazan ka bhi wazan nahi badega--''

For a change she did not look dim like in the afternoon.

GOOD.

''Tum bhi khao phir aur pura finish karna'' I said to her.

The food was delicious.