chapter nine- naya ghar

sumedh

''You made all the preparations-''

I heard Abhira from behind.

''I just bought the samagri--that is all--and I did not know that Kairav uncle had a niece too. Never knew neither saw''

''Aap jaantey the Kairav mamu ko?''

'' Haan. I was his neighbor once--I was living in the apartment that was opposite to his mansion. We had bonded over kachoris and once I had solved his case--his rubies were stolen and there was some false case against the company and him''

''From that time--I have known him. I was in contact with him--until I became a businessman- they had gone to India for chaar dhaam ki yatra and had left the kids with me. When I saw his face--I instantly recognized him.''

Abhira nodded.

''Its like--you know a little weird--I mean its strange--hum dono ek dusre ko jaantey nahi par...''

''I know what you mean--doesn't matter. Focus on the rituals. You have to give them the mukhaagni--afterall tum unki badi beti ho..right''

I could see tears forming in her eyes.

I came closer to her and offered her a handkerchief.

''This will be the last time--you will cry Abhira because in somedays--you will finally get hold of the killer'' I said in my heart.

Meanwhile, Anupamaa came along with Vanraj Shah.

Wait--he wasn't into these condolences.

Vanraj Shah had drastically changed- all because of his ex wife. 

I am sure she would have forced him...by emotional blackmailing.

Pakka bola hoga-- 'insaniyat bachi nahi hain aapke andar?'

And he would have believed it.

He could never disbelieve her.

It was a fact.

Of course Vanraj Shah had a heart and as far as I knew--he had emotions too--just men don't express it---in order to stay a little dominant and strong. But they have just like women.

-----

vanraj

And I was here with Anupamaa for Abhira's family's last rites.

And that too--unplanned.

Why?

Anupamaa had given me a nasty look while going for the antim sanskaar.

Her eyes had told me--''Aapke andar insaaniyat bachi hi nahi hai kya?''

And I believed it.

I had no humanity left perhaps.

It was long gone when Sumedh had gone from our lives.