Chapter 7 - The Alchemy Of Fate

*flashback*

*flashback*

As soon as I reached home after my mom's call, things turned 360 degrees for me in good as well as bad ways. I showered and had breakfast before leaving for Dad's office.

My dad was in his office when I entered after knocking.

"Aapne bulaya papa" (You were asking for me Dad?) I asked as soon as I was in.

"Yes, Utkarsh there are some uncertain situations going on lately and I don't know how to handle them alone. Sure, we have many employees but I cannot hand over them such big responsibility" he said and I can sense he was stressed otherwise he wouldn't have called me.

"What is it, Dad? Tell me maybe I can help" I said while sitting on the chair opposite to his and keeping my elbows on the table.

"Only you can help Utkarsh" he said and sighed before speaking again.

"You need to go to New York Krash. Our New York branch needs someone to handle and you happened to be Graduated already, you're ready for it. Some day or the other you were supposed to go so why not now!" he finished speaking and I was too stunned to process all this. What did he just say.

"But papa I was supposed to complete my master's first before handling the store and moving to New York, this is such a surprise shocker for me. This is too much to process" I said in a very nervous voice.

"Beta (son) I know but the store needs someone of us to supervise, our business is increasing and no, I am not telling you to sacrifice your master's you can do both while staying in New York" he said so calmly as if it's Uttarakhand and not United States. "Think about it Utkarsh of course I cannot pressurize you son but I will take care of your studies and accommodation there. You can have my word; you just have to make a few visits in your free time to the store and rest of the time focus on your studies. I will be satisfied that at least one of us is there looking after the store"

"Eetna hee zaaruri hai toh aap chale jaaeaye na papa, this is a big responsibility" (If it is that important than why don't you go dad, this is a big responsibility) I requested him.

"Beta (son) I already have loads of work with the Mumbai Branch as it's our main store, I have back-to-back meetings lined up and your mother is already handling the Delhi store. Think about it Utkarsh you have time till tomorrow and day after tops, I want a clear answer." Dad declared. Just like that! What am I supposed to do now!!!

"Okay papa" (okay dad) I said and left from his office.

By the time I left from dad's office I thought to text Kaashni to know if she reached her home or not. After having a conversation with her something clicked in my mind. DAMN. How can I be so stupid, why I didn't saw this way earlier. She was right such a Pagal (stupid) I am. How can I forget that my kaash is leaving in 2 weeks for NEW YORK.