Chapter 12 - Are you jealous Kaash..?

One week went by and we didn't realize it was Thursday again

One week went by and we didn't realize it was Thursday again. The day we arrived and became flat mates. In this week we set our apartment. As much this Our feels weird, it also feels assuring that we have a place here and we are together. We decorated the living area with some photos and artificial flowers and added a desk with chair in our rooms. The table was set with our new semester books and of course a cute table lamp too. Aesthetics is also important. At first Utkarsh was against buying the lamp but I insisted him because if the tables and desks are similar the lamp should also be on it. He has to agree at the end having no other option, Now I was feeling like a student. There was a grocery store nearby we went once and purchased some basic stuff. To my surprise Utkarsh is also an average chef, we made Pav Bhaji, parantha's with different fillings and of course Rajma Chawal. I even share the food with our Landlords too.

Utkarsh spend his most time in the store as he can give his maximum attention there before the college starts. He is a hard-working guy. But I am not going to tell him again and again, he will be of cloud 9 and will throw unnecessary tantrums.

I too went at some nearby departmental stores to look for some part time work because it will still take us 1 year to get work permit here if we want to do a part time job or internship in some company. So as for now it is either some store, food joint or a library. I was only left with the library as it was little bit far from the Apartment and I don't want to go alone.

See this is why I didn't want anyone with me, I am being dependent again, knowing that I can go with Utkarsh. No matter how many times I told myself that 'what if Utkarsh wasn't here Kaashi, you still have gone alone. Right?' but it was a waste as I was still not understanding.

Right now, its afternoon and I was in the kitchen making myself a sandwich when the doorbell rang, bringing me out of my thoughts. I ran towards the door thinking maybe it was Martha. But no, it was Karsh. He was supposed to come by late evening. Oh! and did I mentioned he jogs to the store and walk on his way home. No not for saving money but to maintain his health and the hard-work he gained from spending hours in sports and gym. His words not mine. But indeed, it was his hard-work I once had a view of and the image stored in my head is enough to make me conscious again . And now he is panting and his face is covered in sweat, and the daylight is making it more glowing.

Shut of Kaashni!!!!!

"Hello! can I come in Ma'am?" he asked by snapping his fingers in front of my face.

I just get away from the entrance and he mouthed a thank you.

"You came early! I'll get you water" I said and headed to the kitchen avoiding his gaze on me.

"Oh yes had nothing much to do. Plus, I was missing you a lot" he said and came in the kitchen.

"You made me a sandwich, Kaash. Tumhare bina mera kya hota?" (What would I have done without you) he added and ate the sandwich in 4 big bites. Guess he was hungry so I didn't stop him and just watch him eating like a mad man with my arms folded and body leaned against the kitchen island. Watching him eat made me full and suddenly I remember how my mom told me to take care about him also eating well.