Chapter 8 - The Bittersweet Journey

As soon as our plane took off and all the announcements were made about our layover in Frankfurt, I just wanted to sleep peacefully because I was exhausted and still trying to process what just happened when again Utkarsh's voice distracted me

"Saari flight mera haath pakadne ka irada hain kya? I promise mai kahi nahi jaaounga!" (Do you plan on holding my hand for the whole flight? I promise I am not going anywhere!) he said in a very concerning way. For a moment I feel for that concern but I jerked my hand away from his.

"You wish Utkarsh and by the way you were the one who hold my hand first" I replied him angrily and jerked my hand off his.

Because I am still trying to figure out whether I am happy that he is here or I am not because he is here, all I wanted was a life alone, on my own and away from everyone. Out of all the people why is he the one tagged along to me. I do not wish to have those three years repeating for me again. But I shrugged that thought away and started thinking positively, New York is big enough to get lost in it so the chances of us crossing path is not very possible. Moreover there are high chances of us having totally different schedules to follow.

Author's pov: Your wish is my command dear Kaashni. But not this time. (evil laugh)

"Don't you want to know that how and why I ended up here next to you? Honestly it was a surprise for me as well that I will be seated next to you!" Utkarsh decided to speak again,but I didn't respond to him this time. Then again this stubborn little kid does what he wants so he started telling me everything that had happened right after he left from the hotel early and I would be lying to say that I didn't want to know what happened that made him leave so early, stopped him from texting me and worse made him so busy that he didn't showed up when I was leaving but I was too upset to accept that out loud. He was telling everything from the beginning and my reactions were no longer hidden, he told me  how it was a surprise for him, how he first denied but then realized that I was leaving for New York only so it didn't felt wrong not even for a bit, also how he met my parents at the Airport once I was in and above all MY FRIENDS KNEW EVERYTHING BEFORE HAND AND STILL CHOSE TO SHUT THEIR MOUTHS. BRETRAYERS.TRAITORS.

"They knew everything from the beginning" I literally scream and was about to stand from my seat, ready to create a scene AGAIN but before that happen Utkarsh held both of my wrists in his one hand while keeping other on my mouth to shut me up.

"Look Kaash you're allowed to do whatever you want but only once we're out of the plane but not now please, it was all my plan I asked your friends to not say anything and well they liked the idea so they did what they find best" he whispered in my ear, we were in such a weird position that anyone from far away will think of something happening. This thought made me nervous so I bite his hand that was holding my mouth earlier. God why was it so hot in here suddenly.

"ouch" left his mouth while he took his hands back, I simply laughed at it.

"But Kaashni are you not happy to see me here with you? Not that it matters now but still i want to know" he asked genuinely.