Chapter 10 - Apartment Twist

I am in New York

I am in New York. OMG. As much as this sentence sounds like a dream the city itself feels more like the most beautiful dream one can have. My dream city. This feeling is the most beautiful of all. I am sitting in the cab and right now the album 1989 by Taylor Swift is blasting in my air pods and I am feeling like a main character. I told the driver my address, it was a flat shared by 2 of us and I don't know who is going to be my flat mate, I hope it's a girl because when I asked my landlady Martha about the other person, she said it's under name Ush. Like what is that even a name? but what can I say when my own friends chose my new name to be Shinie because they think that Kaashni is too Indian and I didn't want just anyone to call me Kaash when.... Anyway, not going there.

Meanwhile, Utkarsh too took his cab and when I hugged him that was because I was happy that he was here with me and he was even respecting the idea of us having some space or least he was trying to as he didn't ask me to drop again when I denied at first. He was in his cab and took the other lane. I wonder where he will be staying and with whom, can it be a girl? Yes! I am thinking all this even after getting angry at him and telling him that I don't care about his whereabouts. But I couldn't not think about him when I know he is going to be here in the same city.

After a heavy traffic and good 65 mins of driveI was in front of my flat. The driver helped me with the luggage, I paid andthanked him for his help. Soon I collected the keys from Martha as I told herabout my arrival is today. My semester begins in 2 weeks and in the meantime, Ican settle and find a part time job too.

Martha lives 2 houses' away from the flat. She was so sweet she even gave me some snacks and burgers because number one according to her "You're in New York, Honey so burgers and chipotles are your bff's now" and number two my other flatmate is also supposed to arrive today and I have to share it with her or him I don't remember what she said because I was this close to eat burger right there as I was too much hungry. But that would have been really disrespectful towards her.

"Thanks for your help, Martha, really!" I thanked her politely

"Aye no big deal you guys can join me whenever you want a home cook meal or miss your family, alright?" she said enthusiastically. Since Martha is American but she got married to an Indian guy so she gladly prefers Indian people whenever they look for tenants, as they are adjusting and do not flare much. "Thanks! I'll get going now" I said and smiled.

As soon as I got into the apartment and close the door behind me, I felt so happy, I thank God, finally I will have a home in this new city at least for next 8 months as the contract was this long only. Soon after we have to renew it if the landlady agrees to. But it's 8 months from now so let's not think about it yet.

The Apartment was on ground floor and it was all white from the outside. I observed the whole place there was a living room along with an open kitchen making it more spacious the minimum required furniture was already there a sofa and a small dining table with 4 chairs, in the kitchen there was a dishwasher, a microwave, a gas stove with 2 burners, and a refrigerator that already had water bottles, milk packets and eggs. Martha's kindness.