Chapter 11 - Comfort in the Chaos

As soon as I took the cab from the Airport my initial plan was to head to my apartment have some food and then after a nap go to the store to meet the manager and look at the upcoming outfits line ups, like my dad told me

As soon as I took the cab from the Airport my initial plan was to head to my apartment have some food and then after a nap go to the store to meet the manager and look at the upcoming outfits line ups, like my dad told me. But as I was in the cab a text from my dad came, it says 'I know you had just arrived but can you first visit the store and then head to your apartment? Mr. Singhania is aware about your arrival and he will be help you'

And that's it. What about my apartment and food and nap? But I just texted back 'okay' and changed my location. The driver was understanding and didn't mind. It was all so quick that I even forget to ask Kaashni where she was staying, I was about to text her but then I remembered what she said about giving space so the idea was dropped for the time being. Our cabs took different lanes and all I could think about was where she will be staying and specially with whom? Anyways I will definitely ask her.

It took me 40 mins approximately to reach the store that was located near the 5th Avenue and damn that street screams rich. Good Job Dad! Mr. Singhania, the manager helped me with the luggage and I made my way towards the store as soon as the workers saw me, they all started to rush here and there basically back to their places and back to work, sincerely. That was when I understood why dad wanted me to be here, just my mere presence was enough for all of the employees to aware them and that's exactly what dad wanted now that a new collection was supposed to be released soon. Mr. Singhania did his job well and the store was well maintained even on the papers, the sales were good and customer satisfaction rates were very impressive as well. Even when dad was in India most of the time, he still managed everything on his own and so perfectly. Now that he had asked something from me how can I even think of not helping him. But this is a responsibility big enough. Will I be as good as dad? Ah no negative thoughts the least I can do is try be give my best.

All the work took more time than I thought and now I was super tired and hungry above all. I quickly called my landlady Mrs. Martha, she is so humble is an understatement, she talks so nicely and when I told her I am running little late she even said not to worry as the other flat mate has arrived the food is also there. But what got into my head was Martha said 'She has the keys and food is also there already' so it was confirmed that Shinie was indeed a girl. Damn I have to share the apartment with a girl, and that too who is not Kaashni.

God no. I can't, what if that girl finds me charming? That I know I am. But all my charm is just for someone who knows how to handle me and never for the girls who likes to throw themselves on guys like the one Witch we had in our college. Ugh this is giving me chills already.

After winding up with the work I took the cab and left for the apartment. It was a 20-30 mins ride from the store. Dad has already told me that the distance between my college, store and the apartment will not be much and he kept his words. Thinking about all this new change is interesting and fascinating but all days are not the same and this is just the beginning. Let's hope for the best. But the main concern right now was this flat mate.