Interlude (Part 1: Premature Death)

When he woke up, Y/N was quick to realise that Suguru wasn't present at all. The second thing he noticed was when he moved the fingers of his right hand and they felt normal, until he realised something was weighing his hand down. He looked down to see someone else's hand in his own. He blushed at the realisation that it was Shoko's hand holding his. She had fallen asleep too, leaving her sat on a chair next to him while she slept and held his hand. After composing himself Y/N looked around the room again and saw Kuroi, she was breathing at least. Y/N sat up and let go of Shoko's hand before he managed to stand up. Once stood up he stretched a bit, noticing something else as he looked into a mirror opposite him. He hadn't noticed it before but his left eye had been covered by bandages wrapped around his head. Lifting up the bandage, Y/N finally saw his left eye. It was definitely there, he was currently seeing things using it but there was still a scar that started above his eye before going diagonally through his eyelid and finishing just under the eye, closer to his nose.

"I left the scar because I thought you'd look better with it." Y/N heard a tired female voice that he recognised immediately.

"Oh really now?"

"Yeah, makes you look a lot cooler than you used to. I also figured that you'd want it too since you're just that kinda guy."

"You're right, I would've wanted it as a reminder. It's scary how well you know me." Y/N stated.

"You just get easier to read everyday."

"That's cruel, Shoko. I'm still full of surprises." Y/N teased as he pulled the bandages back down over his eye. As he looked at looked into the mirror, one thought crossed his mind "Shoko, do you have a face mask?"

"I do, why do you ask?"

Y/N turned to her and grinned "Kakashi cosplay." He stated simply.

"Idiot."

"You fell asleep holding this idiot's hand~" Y/N laughed as he watched a blush spread on Shoko's face. Y/N's grin slowly disappeared as he spoke again, shifting the conversation into a more serious gear "Where did Suguru go?"

"He went to the Star Religious Group headquarters once he'd woken up a couple of hours ago, at least that's where he told me he was going."

"Did he say anything about what I should do once I woke up?" Y/N asked.

"Not that I remember, he was kinda quiet to be honest." Shoko answered as Y/N nodded, walking towards the door of the infirmary.

"Alright then, I'm gonna go find out where that is. I'll bring Suguru back with me too." Y/N turned and smiled at Shoko one more time before he left, catching her smile back at him before he headed out.
___________________________________________________________________________

Y/N managed to figure out the where the Star Religious Group's headquarters was after ten minutes of researching on Yaga's laptop. Once he'd done that, Y/N had rushed over there only to realise he was a bit too late. As he arrived at the building he saw the familiar white hair and piercing blue eyes that could belong to no one except Gojo himself. He was carrying something with a sheet covering it, it was obvious that this wasn't just 'something' but it was 'someone' that someone being Riko Amanai. Y/N didn't say a word or make himself known, he just looked at the sheet, noticing something sparkle through it since the sheet itself was quite thin. The shark pin he had bought for her at the aquarium, she had been wearing it since he gave it to her. A part of Y/N had been broken and he hadn't been as close to Riko as either Suguru or Gojo had been, he couldn't even imagine how they felt about everything. Y/N turned around without speaking, a negative swirl of thoughts in his mind, all of them equally as tempting as each other. But Y/N wouldn't lower his own standards, that would only send him on a path of no return that could, and most likely would, destroy his own moral compass.