Chapter 3

Lunar: Waxing Cresent

I wake up in my crappy and cheap bed, my arm aching. I look up at my cracked ceiling and attempt to uncloud my memory of last night.
Werewolf??!!
Maybe I should move out of this town.
No way! I'm not leaving!
Maybe it IS time for a change...
But this is my home.
It's safer if I leave.
Right?
After I battle with my subconscious, I decide it's time to leave.
But why? I don't want to! There's just a pull on me that makes me want to move.
You idiot, my subconscious says, you don't have even close enough money to buy a decent place, how do you think you can afford to move??
I could sell my furniture, and rent a cheap moving truck. But I wouldn't need it if I had no furniture...
Or I could sell my furniture and walk to the next town and buy a apartment.
Or I could find a roomate in a different town...
My doorbell rings, snapping me out of my confusing thoughts.
I walk a few steps and I'm at my door, which looks as if it was made in the 17th century.

As I open my creaky door, there's no one awaiting me. Looking down, I notice a small envelope at the bottom of my door.
I pick it up, close the door, and read it. On the envelope, it says,

To: Luna
Tyler.

Tyler? Isn't he the one I should stay away from?
Quickly, I rip the envelope open, and take out the letter.
As I open up the folded piece of paper, a number of $100 bills fly out, with a ticket of some sort.

Quickly I pick up the ticket and bills. 10 bills. $1000?
I unfold the note.

Hey.
It's Tyler.
Look, I'm sorry.
I heard you had to move out.
Maybe its for the best.
I have sent you 1k dollars. Its not alot, but it should get you started.
Also I included a airplane ticket, it should fly you wherever you like, as long as it's in the country.
Again, I'm sorry.
You may not understand why yet, but you will soon.
Goodbye Luna.

I had always wanted to live in Washington, I love the woods and cloudy weather.
This could get me there. Then I could sell my furniture, and added with this 1k, maybe I could afford a small place.
I look at the ticket. Why is he helping me? I may not know the answer to that, but now I realize I really dislike this place. There's no air conditioning, the walls and ceilings are cracked, along with most my furniture.
How will I be able to sell them if no one will want them?
With sudden realization, I remember there is a store down a few blocks that buys used things.

Rummaging around, I find a old, disposable camera and I take pictures of all my furniture that I can sell.

With these pictures, I head out the door and down the block.