Chapter 8

***Same day. Aster dropped Luna off in the woods.

Woods everywhere.

With haste, I begin to dig a hole in the ground. Almost finishing a deep enough hole to safely store my clothes in, a shrill sound rings in my ears and my wrist begins to vibrate.

Is this the alarm?

I look down at the old watch to see it flashing on its glass screen.

Yes, it is.

I finish off the hole and carefully strip. I pull down my faded blue jeans and take off my navy blue Las Vegas shirt, which I didn't get from Las Vegas, I must add. I take off my undergarments and fold my clothes, stuffing my undergarments in between.
I remove the watch and my choker, adding them with my undergarments in between my clothes.

I carefully place this stack of clothes in the hole and cover them with a very light layer of dirt.

I then reach into my hoodie's pocket and remove the small roll of duct tape, rip a small piece, and cover my mouth.

I put this back in the stack, but before re-covering the pile with dirt I take a quick peek at the watch. 4:46.

It will happen soon... this will be painful.

I take a deep breath and kneel back onto my ankles in the dirt.

And I wait.

And I wait.

More waiting.

Waiting.

Still waiting.

I wait.

And wait.

And wait.

And wai---

A pain so deep rakes through my body. It feels as if someone stabs multiple knives into your skull and drags them down to your legs and feet.

Over and over the pain rakes through me, as if I was just a pile of fall leaves.

The duct tape helps cover my screams and yells, my cries for help.

After the sixth time the pain rakes through me, it stops.

Just silence.

Then more begins.

My skull stretches and pulls, same in my spine, arms, and legs.

My mouth feels as if tridents are stabbing at my gums, tearing them up into shreds.

My body writhes in pain and I curl up in fetal position, trying to dull out the pain.

I shut my eyes tight as different pains go through my body, over and over, for about one hour.

Soon, it all stops. All the pain just ends, leaving me with an aching in my bones.

I stand up, feeling just a bit shorter than I was before. I look down, and--

AHHHH HOLY GUACAMOLE IM FURRY!

AHHHH I HAVE PAWS!!
Awe they are kind of cute.

I somewhat see a snout coming out of my face.

AHHHHHHH hey my nose is cute, I think, staring crosseyed at myself.

I feel an extra muscle near my butt, and I look back and move it.

It's my tail!

I swish it around a few more times, then look back forward.

How will I turn human again??

Umm.

Hunt! I have to hunt.

I walk in a straight line away from my clothes, just so I know which way to get back.

It doesn't take too long to coordinate my four legs because it just seems to comes naturally.

Now I must hunt.

As I walk, I come across a cobblestone road.

Guess I won't be hunting campers.

The thought of hunting a human doesn't revolt me anymore, and I decide I will hunt and not wait to wither away.