CHAPTER TWO

ACT ONE ; PART TWO
"Dvalin's Attack"

As they walked out of the forest and towards Mondstadt, Ryu thought back to past events.

He fell into the Genshin Impact world because of God around a week before Lumine met Paimon. Upon seeing him, Paimon jumped into his arms and hugged him tightly with no explanation. Odd, but who cares at this point.

Venti seemed to recognize him when their eyes locked, so that's a thing that happened. Maybe he looked like someone in the past? An old friend back then, during the Archon War, or another God trying to get a seat amongst the Seven that Venti beat back then, probably.

His pondering stopped when a female voice said, "Hey, you! Stop right there!"

A girl wearing red jumps down a nearby cliff and rolls on the ground. 

"May the Anemo God protect you, stranger! I am Amber, Outrider for the Knights of Favonius. You don't look like citizens of Mondstadt. Explain yourselves!"

"We're not looking for trouble," Paimon said, waving her hands in front of her.

"That's what all the troublemakers say," Amber shoots back.

Lumine waves. "Hello, I'm Lumine, and this is Ryu."

Our lovely protagonist waves when Lumine mentioned his name. 

"Doesn't sound like a local name to me."

Amber turned to Paimon. "And this... mascot, what's the deal with it?"

"We're friends," Ryu quickly answered, covering Lumine's mouth, already guessing what she'd say had he not covered her mouth.

"We've only been traveling partners for two months, but... We've already become the very best of friends!" Paimon happily said, posing proudly as Ryu gave her very enthusiastic thumbs up.

"So to sum it up, you're traveling partners, right?" Amber asked.

"Well look, there's been a large dragon sighted around Mondstadt recently. Best you get inside the city as soon as possible. It's not far from here, I'll escort you there."

"Oh? Aren't you out here for some other reason?" Paimon asked.

"I am. But not to worry, I can keep you both safe while doing that too. Besides, I'm still not sure if I can trust you three just yet!"

"Why so suspicious?" Lumine asked Amber.

"Oh, ahh... I'm sorry. Probably not something I should say as a knight. I give you my apologies, uh... strange yet... respectable travellers," Amber apologized, even if it looks forced.

"That sounded so fake!" Paimon accused, crossing her arms and huffing.

"Do you have something against the type of language usage prescribed by the Knights of Favonius Handbook?!"

Ryu clapped to get the attention of Amber and Paimon. "Come on, let's get moving. We're not frozen in place, are we?" He smiled in a sly way. Yeah, so what if he's using Kaeya's voiceline?

"Oh yeah, sorry!" Amber apologized in a more sincere manner. "So, suspicious travellers, what are you doing in Mondstadt?"

"Lumine got separated from her brother during a really, really long journey. Paimon and Ryu are her travel buddies, helping her find her brother," Paimon answered, flipping in the air.