CHAPTER SIX

ACT ONE; PART SIX
"A Raptor On The Loose"

NOTE: The divider 『⩇⩇ ⴵ ⩇⩇』 indicates a time skip. It's different from the usual divider because it usually happens when the writer skips parts of a quest for lore purposes or because they're lazy.

"Hey! I've been looking for you everywhere," Amber told them. The three were wandering around Mondstadt when they heard the outrider. She approached them herself.

"How's that wind glider I gave you last time?" she asked.

"Pretty good," Lumine replied.

"It's useful in many situations," Ryu said.

"Seems like it's really growing on you two! But then again, you don't have a gliding license, do you?"

"A gliding license? Hmm... what's that?" Paimon asked.

"A permit to glide, I'm willing to guess," Ryu told her.

"That's correct! You gotta have a gliding license to legally glide in Mondstadt."

"Oh... but we've been gliding for ages now. This is the first we've heard about it!" the fairy told Amber.

Amber chuckled. "Yeah, you've been gliding all over the place... Everyone's noticed!"

"Sooo... You came looking for us because you wanna give us gliding licenses?"

"I doubt that's the case," Ryu intervened. "Most licenses I know of, if not all, require some kind of exam. It's likely that this requires an exam in order to get the license. Is that right, Amber?"

She nodded. "That's also correct! Today, I'm here as an examiner, to oversee Ryu and Lumine's official gliding exam! I gave you your wind gliders, so this is my responsibility — at least, that's what Acting Grand Master Jean would say."

Paimon groaned. "An exam! What a pain in the butt. Then again, since Amber is the examiner..."

"...Maybe you can cut me some slack?" Lumine asked. She knew the answer, but it doesn't hurt to tease a bit, right?

"No with a capital N-O! Do not challenge the authority of examiner Amber!"

Damn, she's taking this seriously.

"I mean... The whole city saw how well you flew the day that Stormterror attacked, so I'm sure you'll have no problems! But we do need to respect the rules and glide properly."

She gave them a book.

"Here. Take this gliding manual. No need to memorize it, just be familiar with everything in there. For example: only one person per wind glider, no carrying anything over the set weight limit, no taking off using an Anemo Slime, and so on and so forth. Anyway, be sure to read it, okay? I had to read a load of big, thick books too when Lisa was teaching me magic..."

(NOTE: I didn't even know Lisa taught Amber??? Magic??? I skip the dialogue so i was just like 'what the fuck???')

"Wow, that's a big old book... Paimon thinks we best get started!"

"Great. Come find me when you're done, I'll be at Windrise."

As Amber retreated to go to Windrise, Paimon sighed. "The Knights of Favonius gliding manual does NOT sound like a fun read..."