CHAPTER FOUR

ACT ONE ; PART FOUR
"Peek Into Another's Life"

(Warnings: nightmares, self-deprecating thoughts, possible OOC character, death that's replayed in a nightmare, progress probably progressing too fast)

[ ??? years back ; Teyvat, Liyue ]

"C'mon man, you have to attend! You've been hunting those fuckers down for a year straight. That's probably not good for you. It's just a week, and I wanna see the lanterns!"

An odd duo that consisted of a man with long black hair in a low ponytail and angel wings and another man with blond hair and a mask that covered half of his face sat in a Liyuen restaurant, waiting for their food.

"Besides, the Abyss has been quieting down for a bit now, with how much we're fucking them up, so why not take a break?"

The blond man sighed. "Azrael, if the abyss is quieting down, then it's likely they're planning something. We can't just-"

"Blah, blah, blah, Dain," Azrael mocked, then leaned forward. "I've had ears all around. Avi told me that the Abyss was planning on hiding for a bit until the Prince's sister wakes up."

'Dain' inhaled sharply. Just a few moments later, the food arrived. Cured Pork Dry Hotpot, chosen by Azrael himself.

A few minutes passed, the duo eating their food in silence, before Dain spoke.

"I suppose I'll think about it. If what Avira is saying is true, then I have no true reason to refuse. Besides, I have become tired of being in a constant battle with the Abyss."

The winged man whooped, "Yes, let's go! I just did the fucking impossible!"

Dain rolled his eyes, looking at the man in fondness and adoration.

⋆。˚ ☁︎ ˚。⋆。˚☽˚。⋆

They held Ryu in their arms, holding his hand so tightly that it might break, but Azrael didn't care. What mattered is that their friend was dying.

"Stay up, please-!" they begged, tears falling down their face. They already lost their divinity, and now the person who they came to depend on for years after they fell? God, why does death always come to those they love?

"You have so much to do," they sobbed, voice quieting to a whisper. Yet, it was louder than every sound in the room. "So please, stay awake, just long enough to survive."

Just long enough to live another day. Just long enough to save their heart from breaking once again.

Ryu's other hand slowly cupped their face, and smiled gently, as if nothing bad was happening. As if he wasn't fucking dying from those stupid robbers. It was the same smile as the first he sent towards Azrael's way.

"I won't survive this, Azzy. Let's be honest with..."

The dragon winced from his injuries. The adrenaline had died down, it seems. Azrael gripped his hand tighter.

"...each other here."

His eyes fluttered, starting to close.

"No, no, no! Ryu, stay awake, please! Please stay awake!"

They could do nothing but watch as the life in Ryu's eyes faded. The hand that was cupping their cheek fell down.