CHAPTER NINE

ACT ONE ; CHAPTER NINE
"The Holy Lyre"

WARNING: Possibly OOC Diluc because I'm bad at characterization and shit

"Oh? What are you doing here?" Venti asked as the trio approached him. "Though I was just wondering if you would happen to follow me..."

"I want to learn more about the Anemo God," Lumine said in a firm voice.

"You speak of the God of Anemo, Barbatos? He already disappeared from Mondstadt a long time ago." he said. He was looking over to Ryu discreetly, as if seeing if he'd react. Only Azrael caught onto that. They stared at Venti in suspicion.

'What is this guy planning..?' they wondered as he continued on.

'He's standing in front of us,' Ryu thought, crossing his arms.

The Anemo user adds, "Liyue and Inazuma's respective gods of Geo and Electro are still present, but Mondstadt has seen many a moon since they last saw their own god."

Well, Liyue's god is about to fake his fucking death and Inazuma's has been in a state of meditation in an attempt for eternity for about 500 years, so perhaps not really.

"Why do you wish to know about the God of Anemo? Does it have something to do with Dvalin?"

"Oh, uh... it's because gods... uhm..." Paimon tried to explain. Thankfully, Lumine interjected, saying, "Yes, someone told us about Dvalin's past."

Venti hummed. "Just how is it that everyone sees Stormterror? I'm quite curious. That said, there's no need to rush... I have not been back in a while, it seems there are a few who are unhappy with my arrival."

The winds suddenly picked up behind the four (does Azrael really count though? They're a seelie after all). They turned around and saw an Eye of the Storm. Ryu and Lumine readied their weapons. A bow and a sword.

Lumine went to attack the core of the enemy.

"It's immune to Anemo!" he yelled out before Lumine could use any elemental abilities.

'Well shit,' she thought. 'Akivilli save me, I'm so screwed!'

She felt a pull from Ryu, and she was just barely flung out of a slam attack from the Eye of the Storm.

She immediately went to attack the core, laying on the ground.

Ryu noted the health bar at the top of his vision. As it flew up, using Anemo, he threw a Vigor-something Mani-something (the things from his skill and burst that I mentioned in the intro. If you don't remember and don't want to return back, it's basically a ball of concentrated elemental energy that can be used in many ways. In this case...)

The ball of energy exploded on the Eye, leaving it with half its health.

(...a bomb.)

It crashed to the ground and Lumine quickly got to work, stabbing and slashing the Eye. With a final charged arrow from Ryu, it fell apart, and vanished in golden sparkles.

Venti hummed. 'Why didn't he just use his magic? He can easily defeat the Eye. Unless...'

He felt a bit of sadness, before he returned to his happy bard persona. No point in grieving about it now, they're back and that's what matters, even if they (or he, actually) doesn't have any of their memories.

"Seems the dragon wasn't the only thing affected by this change in the wind..." he said. "Now then, you were saying someone had told you about the dragon?"