Chapter 4

Crystal finished Janae's hair and started making dinner. They heard a honk outside. Janae started wobbling to the door with her dad.

"Is that my favorite kid? " Billy coos when he sees Janae. Jacob looked around offenedly. "How you doing kid?" He asks. "Ba beh Bleh be." She babbles.

Bella walks outside to find Charlie speaking with Billy, while he holds Janae. "Bella, not sure if you remember Billy." He said.

"Glad you're here. Crystal was so excited to meet you. Speaking of, where is the sunshine?" Billy said. " Why do you wanna know, you old fart." Charlie jokes.

"So I can steal her from you." Charlie hands Janae off to Jacob. "We'll see about that after I wheel you down the hill." "Right after I ram you in the ankles."

They start to play around as Jacob approaches Bella. "I'm Jacob. We Made mud pies together when we were little kids."

Bella nods her head. "Yeah, I think I remember." Crystal comes out of the house. "Charlie, didn't you have something for Bella?!" She yells.

"Thanks for reminding me hun." He pats the roof of a beat up truck. "So what do you think? I bought it off Billy, here" Crystal shakes her head.

"It's perfect, just needs a little fixing." Bella says. "That's fine. We can paint it one day soon and fix the engine properly." Crystal said.

"Hey, I'll have you know I did a great job." Jacob says offendedly. "For a kid. You did great for a kid." She says. Jacob shakes his head and shows Bella how to start the truck properly.

Billy and Jacob leave after a bit of talking and the Swans went inside for dinner. Charlie went upstairs to get a bottle for Janae. "Bella would you mind holding Janae while I set the table?" Crystal asked.

"Sure." Bella responded. As Crystal set the table she paced a little bit. "Thanks for the bracelet." Crystal looked up at her. "It's no problem." She said. "Did you like the room?"

"Yeah, it's very comfortable. I was told you decorated it." Bella said. "I did, I really don't mind doing things for you Bella. I want us to  bond while you're here."

Bella felt very loved in that moment. Even though she loved her mom, she knew her mom didn't love her like this. "Thank you, you're very sweet Crystal."

"Anytime, now let's eat dinner, I made shrimp and chicken alfredo." She said. Bella  smiled as Charlie came down the stairs with the bottle and sat down.

They ate dinner, talked, and laughed as Crystal and Charlie told her stories of when they were dating. Bella felt like she had a place here. She loved Janae as well.

Definitely not what she expected life in Forks to be like.

○•●○

Sorry guys, this chapter is unedited but I wanted to post something for you all. Thanks for the views and votes. See you next chapter.

▪︎ C