Chapter 3

Charlie was in the airport waiting for Bella to arrive. He had the sign Crystal, so generously, made. (She thought his was ugly). He'd been there for thirty minutes waiting, until someone he vaguely recognized came into view. Bella.

She was dragging her suitcases frustratedly across the floor. She looked up and saw Charlie with the sign and sighed. He approached her to help with her bags. "Hey Isabella." He said, kind of awkwardly. 

"Hi, Char-," she cut herself off "dad." Charlie didn't know if he felt comfortable hearing that out of her mouth. He thought he wouldn't hear it until Janae started talking. "It's fine. Call me whatever your comfortable with."

They started to walk to the cruiser outside. He put her bags in and they drove off. The drive was... awkward to say the least. "Your hair's longer." Charlie tried to make conversation. "I cut it since last time I saw you." Bella responded, bordely.

"Guess it grew out again." He said. Bella noticed how he didn't attempt to ask about her mom, but she brushed it off. As they drove more they saw a sign "The City Of Forks Welcomes You - Pop. 3246"

The rest of the drive was silent. The cruiser pulls up to the two-story house. Bella noticed it looked more lively. Plants and a swing on the porch, a small garden outside, and another car Bella hoped was hers.

Bella and Charlie carry in her bags. "I'm home!" Charlie yells from the mudroom. Bella was obviously confused but she continued in with her bags until she saw the living room. A beautiful chocolate skinned woman sitting on the couch and a baby girl no older than 1 on the floor getting her hair braided.

"Hey honey." The mystery woman says as Charlie dips down to give her a kiss. She picks up the little girl and sets her on the couch. "You must be Isabella, I've heard a lot about you." Bella didn't really know how to respond. "Um... I go by Bella." She stuttered out. "I-I'm sorry, I don't know who you are."

"Oh, I'm Charlie's wife, Crystal. And the little girl on the couch is our daughter Janae." She responded. "How about you settle down and we call all talk more later." With that Charlie led Bella upstairs and Crystal went back to doing Janae's hair.

"Crystal went out and bought stuff for your room. You'll have to share the bathroom with Janae but other than that it's all yours." Bella looked at him confused. "I thought there was only one bathroom." She said. "Oh, well we had another installed in our room before Janae was born." Charlie responded.

Bella caught sight of a picture of Crystal and Charlie on their wedding day. And another of Crystal pregnant. And another of them in the hospital with Janae. It really looked like they didn't have space for Bella in their life. "This is your room." Charlie presented. Bella looked around in shock and amazement. 

It was nothing like she pictured it. There was a bed in the left corner, about queen sized. String lights on the wall above it. A bedside table. On the right side there was a hanging circular chair with throw blankets and a bookshelf next to it. There was a white desk and a comfortable looking chair with a purple box on it. 

"Crystal decorated it. She also left a present for you." Charlie said "I'll leave you to get settled." Bella was truly surprised. Crystal did all this for her. She thought she'd hate it here because she'd be all alone with Charlie but so far she was liking it here.

She walked to the desk and picked up the present. It was a bracelet with a note. Bella picked up the note and read it. 'Can't wait to get to know you Bella. -Crystal'. She smiled. Maybe Forks isn't all bad.