Chapter 5

It was finally time for Bella to go to school. Her first day in a small town. She was up right now staring at the ceiling, thinking about how today would go. That's when Crystal entered the room.

"Good morning Bella." She spoke softly. "Morning Crystal." Bella was still on the fence about Charlie's new family even though they accepted her.

"I'm cooking breakfast right now, but when you come downstairs be careful not to wake Janae." With that she was gone. Bella got out of bed and ready for school wearing her usual plain outfit.

She went downstairs carefully to find eggs, bacon, and a bowl of what looked like mashed oats on the table. Crystal was in the living room changing the channel to a kids show.

She guessed Charlie was still upstairs, maybe with Janae. "Bella, can go ahead and fix a plate for yourself. Your dad will be down in a minute."

As soon as she said that, Janae came wobbling down the stairs, naked. She ran into the kitchen and hid under the table. A couple seconds later, Charlie came down too.

"Good morning ladies." He said "Have either of you seen a naked baby around here?" Crystal glare at him. "Charlie, I know you did not lose my child."

"She snuck away, it wasn't my fault!" He defended only to realized she was joking. She started giggling at him with Bella. "Oh, ha ha, very funny. Where is she."

Janae popped from under the table babbling and giggling. While Bella and Crystal were still laughing, he took her upstairs to get dressed.

"Is it like this every morning?" Bella asked. Crystal shook her head. "No, l usually dress her and she knows better than to run from me. She just likes messing with her daddy."

Bella nodded chuckling. Crystal noticed her clothes. "Baby, why aren't you dressed for school?" She asked. "I am..." Bella responded awkwardly.

"Oh, baby no" Crystal said. " That's not gonna work. You look so plain. Where's the color and style?" Bella thought. She always dressed like this. Her mom said bright and trendy clothes attracted men and unwanted pregnancies.

"I've always dressed like this." She said "My mom said I'll attract men if I wear different styles." Crystal shook her head. To her it looked like Renee brainwashed her daughter.

"Well, after you get home from school, me and you are gonna find you a new style, so you don't look so plain and depressed."

Bella was genuinely curious as to what styles were out there. She was never allowed to explore this type of stuff back home. She nodded her head and finished her breakfast.

"I think l should get going." She said "See you after school Crystal." Crystal nodded. "Bye honey."

•○°●

Thanks so much for nearly 2k reads. I'm trying to get my schedule right so I can update more but I'm glad ya'll like it. Im currently working on the next chapter. Hope yall enjoyed this chapter.

▪︎ C