Chapter 2

It was quiet in the Swan house. Crystal and Charlie were cuddling in bed and Janae was in her crib the next room over. But of course the peace was ruined by the loud alarm blaring in the room.

Janae was awoken by the sound and started crying rather loudly. Charlie leaned over to turn off the alarm. Crystal sat up in bed. "What an amazing start to a new day." she joked. "Honey this is the start of every day." Charlie mused.

It was true. Nearly every morning was like this. Alarm goes off, Janae starts wailing, and the day officially starts. "I know." Crystal said "after today, that's going to change. If you don't remember, Charlie was supposed to pick up his daughter he hadn't seen or spoke to in years today. Now she was 17 and he had a wife, daughter, and baby on the way.

"I better get Janae before she injures her lungs." Crystal said leaving the room. "Good luck!" Charlie calls. Yeah, this day was going to go very well.

.・゜゜・Time Skip・゜゜・.

"Breakfast is ready!" Crystal calls from the kitchen. Charlie walks in with Janae and sets her in her high chair. "Thanks honey." he says. They talk, eat, and gush over how Janae holds her spoon.

"I'm thinking I'll do something to Janae's hair today." Crystal says. "I think her hair is long enough for braids and beads. What about you?" Charlie had gotten to know a lot about black culture thanks to Crystal. He was a changed man now thanks to his wife.

"Yea, I'm not sure how long she'll stay still though." Janae has problems not squiggling around when getting her hair done. "Don't worrying, I'll put on Alice in Wonderland for her. She'll get distracted long enough."

The alarm went off, it was time for him to go get Bella. "Are you sure I can't stay at least 10 minutes longer?" Charlie joked. "Charlie, go get your daughter!" His wife yelled. After kissing his wife and daughter goodbye, he got in the cruiser and left for the airport.

Today was the day. He hoped it went well.