Chapter 29 - Teenagers

That night, you'd managed to fall asleep and wash your clothes the next morning since Bakugo's clothes were taking a seemingly long time to finish being washed that night.

You found it odd that you kept bumping into him. And it wasn't just the fact that you guys were on the same floor because you'd bumped into him more times than you had anyone else on that floor.

Hell, you hadn't even seen Ochako or Tsuyu once.

It almost felt like a curse, but you tried your best to ignore it. It wasn't something that remained in your mind, which was at least something.

You were back at your apartment, packing up some clothes you had in your room that you hadn't brought to your dorm, and other pieces and parts of your hero suit that you'd seamlessly forgotten when you were packing to move into your dorm room.

The Training Camp was just a few days away, and part of you was looking forward to it, but another part of you felt slightly off about it.

You'd decided you were going to go to this girl's sleepover that Mina proposed a few days ago in the dorm rooms with the other girls.

If you were being honest—you felt the closest to Jirou out of all of them. Sure, you had a good friendship with Mina since you two hung out a lot with Kirishima and Sero a lot over Winter break, and Hagakure often tagged along with you, Tokoyami, and Sully when you ate lunch,

And you'd spoken to the other girls at least a few times. Though, you'd never had a real conversation with most of them when you thought about it.

Not to mention your.. what almost felt like a secret with Vienna.

You and Vienna hadn't spoken much since then, and she'd drifted from everyone who she used to hang around. You knew she was definitely closer to Ochako and Tsuyu, so you just prayed that the sleepover wouldn't be awkward of any sort tonight.

• • •

Jude's POV

"Are you coming bowling with us tonight?" Sero questioned the blonde sitting beside him, lightly nudging his arm.

The dorm rooms felt quieter than usual, it was for once, serene and peaceful. Everyone was mainly out doing their own thing or packing in their dorm rooms before leaving for the training camp tomorrow.

Jude blankly stared forward into the common area, "I dunno, I haven't packed for the training camp thing, so I don't think I can come."

Sero frowned slightly, "Come on man—you never turn down a good bowling match! Or karaoke! We can even switch it up and go to karaoke instead if that's what you wanna do,"

Jude's eyes deadpanned forward. He didn't exactly feel in the mood to do anything, let alone go out and go to a karaoke bar or be in the loud, blaring bowling alley. It all just seemed a little too much right now.

"Sorry," Jude replied, still staring forward. He was stiff and still. He felt more tired than usual, but he wasn't sure why. Maybe it was all the training? Or the emotional burden that a few of his classmates and ex-girlfriend could've died?

Sero huffed, sounding disappointed that Jude didn't want to tag along with him and the others.

Suddenly, in the empty common area, Bakugo passed by, having walked down the stairs. His gaze drifted towards Sero and Jude, the expression on his face hardening, molding into a stiff and stoic one. His hands rested in the pockets of his sweatpants.