Rebecca - I

It was a normal day like any other. I got ready for the day while trying to avoid my roommate, Christina. Christina was the type of girl that everyone loved in college. Blonde. Fun. Party girl. But, having her as a roommate is a nightmare. She consistently leaves our dorm a mess, and is always bringing a new guy over every week. She always claims to be my friend but continues to talk about me behind my back. "Come on, Rebecca. Let me walk you to your first class!" Christina called out, following behind me as I looked around for my keys. Ugh. The last thing I needed was for her to follow me to class. "No, Chris. I'm fine." I said, trying not to roll my eyes, and continuing to search for my keys. Jingle. I turned my head to see Christina, one hand on her hips, and the other holding up my keys. She had that stupid smug grin on her face with an eyebrow raised. "Sinclair, where do you think you're going without these?" Christina said, smirking. I rolled my eyes and stepped towards her, reaching out for my keys, while she pulled away. "Not so fast. Let me walk you to class." I sighed deeply and gently rubbed my temples. I need my keys. Fuck, just for today. "Fine, let's go." I said, grabbing my keys from her hand and walking out of the dorm. She let out a triumphant giggle and locked the dorm door behind me, then followed behind me as I walked down the hallway. "So, what's your first class?" She asked, grinning. I rolled my eyes and sighed. "It's just my psychology class." I replied nonchalantly, walking towards the university. Christina nudged my side with her elbow, grinning. "Come on, Sinclair. Don't be like that. We're friends!" She said, smiling. It took almost all of my power to not slap her right then and there. I sighed softly and walked towards my class, with Christina following behind me like a lost puppy, continuing to make small comments and gestures. "Text you later, Sinclair." Christina said, smiling and walking away. I let out a soft sigh of relief, walking into my psychology class. The first few of my classes went by quickly. I answered questions, the teachers loved my input, and I barely felt challenged. But, as soon as I sat down in my desk in Professor Allen's classroom, my whole world shattered. He glared straight into my eyes, his icy blue eyes piercing into mine. My breath hitched for a moment, and I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding. Professor Allen was known for being an asshole. He was cold, arrogant, and intimidating. He embarrassed his students for slipping up in class, which caused many to stop showing up for his classes. But, that wasn't going to stop me. I continued going to his classes and trying my best, even though he'd shoot me a glare or rudely interrupt while I spoke.