Chapter 13 - A Fallen Monarch

I had just found her and now she was gone? The only family I had left on two worlds. I should have forced her to come with us, or at least had Ian force her. We should have never left her. 

 I ran into the Monarch Nine, grabbed a pillow, and dropped onto the bed, sobbing my heart out. I screamed, too many times to count, into my pillow and continued to cry. After my sobbing gasps were quieting down, I felt a soft furry head nudge against me. 

 "Hi Midnight," I said between jerky gasps. 

 Macy. I am so sorry. He purred and rubbed my wet cheek with his head. 

 I let out a soft crying whimper. 

 Ian told me. He is at the controls for when you need him. Midnight placed a paw onto my arm as he attempted to comfort me. 

"Thank you." I felt more tears coming. "I didn't even get a chance to get to know her. It's not fair." I cried out louder and had to burry my face into the pillow for another scream. "They took away my parents, stole me and hid me away from Ian, and now they took my grandmother away from me." I cried again. 

Slowly, I began to feel a strength rise from deep within and, slowly, I stopped crying. I looked up into Midnight's dark eyes and smiled. "I will not allow them to take any more from me and I will get my people back." I felt the truth in those words and as it filled me, I felt strong and confident. 

 "Ian," I said as I walked up behind him. He jetted out of his seat and grabbed me into his warm strong embrace. 

"Macy." He sighed into my ear. I pulled a little back from him so I could see his face. 

"I need to make an announcement to our people." 

 Ian looked into my eyes and then nodded. "Let's go." 

Holding his hand, Ian led me out of the Monarch Nine, into the large docking bay and back to his parents. 

 "General Grant," my voice was still a little rough as I spoke. 

General Grant turned and saw my swollen eyes and tear-stained face, but when Sophia saw me, she gasped and ran to me. 

"Oh, my dear, I'm so sorry." She hugged me tightly and I patted her back. 

"It's not your fault, sweet Sophia, but the Tesh will pay for what they have done," I spoke clearly and in a stern tone. 

"As they should," General Grant said from behind his wife. He had placed a hand on her shoulder. 

"How did—?" Ian couldn't finish his sentence, and I heard the choke in his throat. 

General Grant shook his head and then darted his eyes to me and back to his son. 

"No, I want to know. How did they kill my Grandmother?" I was sure everyone could hear the anger in my tone.

"Well, our intel has reported that Melody's father was in the high ranks of the Tesh but was still off on how high. He is actually the King of Tesh now," General Grant said and shook his head. 

"If we had known she was Tesh..." He looked gravely and sorrowful. 

"No one knew, Father. Not even I did and she made many advances on me." Ian moved closer to his father and placed a reassuring hand on it. "How did he rise to be king?" Ian asked after a minute with an appalled tone. 

"We don't know." Sophia nodded her head sadly. 

"I think he may have assassinated the old King of Tesh and took over," General Grant suggested.