16. Most Awaited Wedding

Ch 17 available on ScrollStack!
18 will be out tonight.

Inayat POV

I walked alongside him to his brothers. Balraj Singh Thakur held my biceps instantly to avoid me from bending down before him, but he let chhote thakur touch his feet.

Why? Perhaps they hate me because I'm a Muslim.

"You don't need to do this, daughter! You and Ragini are like little sisters to me, and sisters don't touch their brothers' feet to seek blessings."

He asserted, washing off the notions that were building up inside my mind. How could he be so polite? He is a monster. He killed my brother ruthlessly right before our gazes after torturing him for an hour.

"You already have my blessings, child."

He groaned again, and a smile bedecked my lips. Dhanraj Singh Thakur and his wife approached us. As I was told by my mother, I tried to bend down before them, but only Ragini bhabhi allowed to touch her feet. Dhanraj Singh Thakur gave me similar explanations like his elder brother.

Why is their vibe feeling good to me?

"Inu baby, it's time to rest. Your ruksati will take place after the Hindu wedding."

Bhai Jaan held my shoulders coming up from the behind, and I smiled deciphering that I could still spend some time with my ammi.

"Nanu will arrive tomorrow.......and he is also coming."

Bhai Jaan whispered leaning close to my ear, making my smile fade out in a moment. I knew who this 'he' was. Tausif Ahmed - the son of my mamu (maternal uncle). Ammi always wanted us to get married. She has been planning it since my wedding, but when my mamu died in an encounter, no one wanted to continue this relationship. Though he never liked me in that way, but he had last seen me when I hadn't bled so I have no idea how is he going to react now!

As per my information, he is an atheist, a famous mafia who operates from Egypt. Women and blood is his obsession. Unlike my brother, he doesn't follow the religious teachings at all, instead he does every possible sin that we shouldn't commit. I just hope he doesn't see me.

"Who 'he', Aru?"

Chhote thakur's throaty voice interrupted the trail of thoughts that were bothering me at this moment.

"Umm... no one. He is my cousin actually. My late Mamu's son, Tausif Ahmed. You know ammi used to tease Inayat that one day she will get married to him."

Bhai Jaan informed him casually, who sighed significantly at the mention of my mother's plan.

"Fine! It's better she gets married to him once I divorce her."

He groaned, making me flare. Is he out of his mind? Who talks like this on his wedding day? Why is he so nasty?

"No! He is not a good person. He is a bloodthirsty kind of man, somewhat like Aryan Bhai Jaan."

Bhai Jaan informed him, when a servant came up asking us to gather for the dinner. Rukhsaar appi was present with us all this while. I just hope my father doesn't trouble her much.

Chhote thakur and I sat at the centre, surrounded by our families. I was missing my ammi so terribly right now. I wish my abbu had not left her like that. Suddenly I felt him forwarding a morsel towards me when I noticed the applauses of everyone sitting around us.

Lowering my gaze, I parted my lips to eat that elegantly. The media was struggling to capture our wedding, but only a few of them were granted entry into the manor.