1,077 Days Till Your Here

I really miss you, my marine. It's crazy how close we got in such a small time. You don't even realize what you do to me. You have me cuddling my pillows, blankets, and stuffed animals and imagining it's you. You have me planning a wedding in my head. You have me rereading old texts and looking through photos. I have never wished someone was next to me as much as I have with you.

I can't put into words what you mean to me except that you're already my husband in my head. I love that it wasn't even my idea first. I love that I asked you what you would tell me if I lost my memory and you told me that I was your wife. You have me telling all my friends about you. I hope time flies so that you are here sooner. I never thought I'd have to wait over a thousand days to see someone I love but I think I would do more than that if I have to.

When I told you my summer care kids were dancing with me you joked about being replaced. I told you that wasn't the case and in that second I saw me dancing with a mini you or me. I saw you butting in despite the fact that you don't dance. I saw our children laughing about how silly we were but also how in love we are. I can't imagine life without you and I hope you come home soon. Sooner than 1,077 days.

I think I would give anything for you to be here sooner. You know what I want for Christmas or my 20th birthday? I want you. Here. Not over there but here. I want to hug you and feel safe as I wear your hoodies and have to look straight up to meet your eyes. I want to cuddle into you instead of a blanket or stuffed animal. I want Holly cat to push in between us and you to threaten to push her off while I tell you that she stays.

I want a lot my marine but most importantly for you to be safe and come home soon. Sooner rather than later. I love you till the sun dies.