12 Days Till You Leave

My marine I love you so much. The fact that you just stayed up till 1am just proves how much you love me. You stayed up to take care of my needs, to take away my stress and anxiety. I love that you do that for me. I wish you didn't have to go so soon. I wish you could stay here but it is your job to go so you must. I will miss you for the next 3 years and however long after that.

I love how you promised to me that you would be back here June 2, 2027. I love that you promised that you would be here holding me in your arms that day. Even when I told you that it might not be possible you promised you would be here. You told me that we would get dressed up that night and have dinner just so I could wear one of my dresses that I've never had a chance to wear.

I love when you told me that you would take me to a bookstore and I told you we'd be there for hours. You simply responded with, "then I will watch you look at books for hours". You didn't grumble or complain about my habit of spending hours there. I love that you responded with I love you when I told you we could look at books for an hour then go shoot. You make me smile so much just looking through all my pictures of you.

I love that when I told my friends about you they took one look at your picture and said, "he looks at you like you hung the moon" I love that I'm one of the only people you smile at and laugh around. I love how you made sure I felt okay on the phone when you were with your family.

I love you so much my marine. Only a few years till forever.