Budo's Confession

After Mina got expelled, the Martial Arts Club's atmosphere became awkward. When they walked into the clubroom the morning after, it was silent.

Budo stood in front of everyone, taking in all of their disgruntled faces. He took a deep breath. "I know all of you are angry. We've been betrayed by someone who we thought was a close friend. However, don't let this get you down."

Shima teared up, "President, I'm so sorry. I helped lie for her. I'm ashamed." She walked up to Ayoshi. "I'm especially sorry to you, Aishi-kun. I knew she loved the President and she didn't have the best feelings towards you, but I never knew she would do something like this. I should have spoken up sooner."

Ayoshi shook his head. "Do not apologize. You have done nothing wrong. You just thought you were helping your friend."

"Thank you," Shima said, finally having a smile on her face.

Budo clapped his hands, "We are not going to let this affect us. We are going to keep working hard to hone our skills." The atmosphere finally lifted into one full of energy and excitement.

***

As everyone left to go home, they gave Ayoshi a hug and gave him their support. Seeing all of this, Ayoshi felt a sense of... community. 'Thank you for your kindness,' he thought.

Budo stood beside Ayoshi and grabbed his hand. "Because of everything going on, we haven't gotten the chance to spar, just the two of us." He gestured towards the mat with his head. "What do you say?"

Ayoshi looked at their intertwined fingers. "Ok," he said softly.

"Nothing makes me happier than sparing with you," Budo said, leading Ayoshi to the center mat.

The two faced each other and bowed. Just like the first time they sparred, Ayoshi struck first with a punch. Budo stretched out his hand, blocking it with his palm. He swept his foot and tripped Ayoshi on the ground while still holding his fist.

Budo goes to pin Ayoshi, but he kicks Budo in the stomach, launching him over on his back. He shot up and quickly got back into his stance, Budo following not long after. Without giving Budo a second to think, he grabbed his arm and turned to flip Budo over his shoulder. He held Budo down by the neck.

Budo looked into Ayoshi's eyes as his sweat rained down and rolled down his cheek. Ayoshi's neck gripped around his neck as he panted for air. His heart raced, 'Just like the first time, I still have that thrill.'

"1... 2... 3..." Ayoshi counted down before letting Budo go and stepping back. "I win."

"You win..." Budo stood up.

"I have a question."

"What is it?" Budo asked, trying to calm his heart.

"I don't understand why Rai hated me so much. Megamo-kun said it was because of our relationship, but we're just friends."

"You want to know why?"

"Mhm."

Budo walked up to Ayoshi, their bodies almost touching. He grabbed Ayoshi's face with both his hands, bringing them close together. "You make me feel things I've never felt before. The way my body burns for you."

Ayoshi observed Budo's dazed expression. "Budo-ku-"

Without letting Ayoshi finish, Budo smashed their lips together. He ran his fingers through Ayoshi's hair, pressing their bodies together. An unbearable thirst he had felt since first laying his eyes on Ayoshi was finally being quenched.

Ayoshi's body went weak and he gripped Budo's uniform to keep himself standing. "Mm!"

Budo pulled back, their breaths intertwining. He wrapped his arm around Ayoshi's waist and grabbed his hand to press it against his beating heart. "Do you feel that?" Ayoshi gasped for air, unable to talk, making him chuckle. "I love you! I'm in love with you." He ran his nose against Ayoshi's cheek, whispering, "Say you love me too?"