Chapter 9

Ayoshi was walking down the hall when he saw two girls talking.

"Aww, you didn't have to give me this."

"Of course I did! If you hadn't tutored me, I would have failed that test."

"You don't have to give me anything. I'm happy to help you."

"You won't take payment! So please take this gift as a thank you."

She sighed and smiled, "Hehe, ok."

'So you give gifts to others who are kind to you? Mm, it is decided I will give him a gift,' Ayoshi thought.

***

Ayoshi, at home in the kitchen, watched his mother as she cooked dinner. "Mother, what would be a good gift?"

Ryoba quickly turned away from what she was doing to face her son. "Have you found your senpai?" She asked with excitement.

"No, but I noticed that normal people give gifts to say thank you. So I decided to give someone a gift."

"Why?"

"He has been very kind to me and you give gifts to those who have been kind to you."

"Well, you can make him a bento. You're an amazing cook."

"Really?"

"Why else would I make you cook dinner twice a week? And who wouldn't love food?"

"Ok, thank you, mother."

"Sure thing. Now go do your homework."

***

Ayoshi knew he didn't just want to give a bento. So he spent a little while thinking of what should go with a bento. Then he realized since he liked sweets so much, he would surely like them as well, but he didn't know how to bake or what to make. So he was going to ask Amao if he could help.

It's currently lunch and he's at the fountain waiting for Taro and Osano. "Ayoshi-kun!" He heard Taro say as he and Osano walked towards him.

When they finally reached him, Osano said, "Since you guys are always hanging out without me, I decided to join you."

"I am sorry I can not join you," Ayoshi said.

"What?! I finally joined you guys but you won't even be here," Osano lightly yelled.

"I am sorry, but it is important."

"It isn't fair! You guys never told me that you were hanging out and now I don't even get to spend time with you," Osano said with a pout.

"It will only be for today. I will return tomorrow."

Osano just looked away with his arms crossed.

"Come on Osano, Ayoshi said it was important."

"Hmph, fine, but you better be here tomorrow!"

"Mmm." Ayoshi nodded.

"Where do you even have to be, Ayoshi-kun?" Taro asked.