Chapter 24

Mido could feel a second pair of eyes staring at him. He wanted to keep looking at Ayoshi, but the stare was too intense to ignore. He looked over to where the stare came from. To his surprise, it came from a purple-haired boy next to Ayoshi. He notices the two boys' closeness. He looked straight into Megamo's eyes and frowned while Megamo just gave him a cold glare back. 'I won't let someone get in my way.'

'I won't let some old man get in my way.'

"Well, now that we've done introductions, I'll leave you to it, Mrs. Nishioka," the principal said a few more words to her, then left.

"Wait, we're already starting class?" Some boy asked.

"Of course, we have to make up for lost time," Mrs. Nishioka said.

"We don't know anything," another boy said.

"Don't worry, we're going to be starting off with something easy today."

"We don't have any dance shoes though," one girl said with concern.

"Don't worry, the school has already prepared that for all of you. Just go to the closet over there and get your size."

All the students rushed to grab their shoes, their voices were filled with excitement.

Ayoshi and Megamo were one of the last to get their shoes. Afterward, they soon followed suit and sat on the floor to change from their school shoes to their dance shoes.

Megamo set his shoes to the left of him and grabbed one of Ayoshi's shoes. "Let me help you."

Ayoshi looked at him confused. "That's ok, I can do it myself."

Megamo smiled at him, "I insist."

Ayoshi thought about it for a few seconds before he nodded. "If you really want to." He stretched out his foot. He had already taken off his school shoes.

Megamo gently took Ayoshi's foot in his hand, staring for a few seconds. He looked closely at Ayoshi's small toes. 'Cute.' He took the black dance shoe in his other hand and slipped it on. Then did the same thing for the other foot, putting in extra care into tying the shoelaces. "There you go."

Ayoshi looked at the shoes, the shoelaces were tied into cute little bows. He gently played with the bows. "Thank you."

"Of course." Megamo soon put on his own shoes and helped Ayoshi stand up.

Mrs. Nishioka looked around the classroom. Everyone had grabbed their shoes and put them on. "Today we will be starting off with slow dancing. Each of you will need to pair up with someone. Unfortunately, there are only 15 of you, so one of you will be without a partner. Fortunately, one of you will be able to partner up with Rana-san."

The girls grew very excited, wanting to be the one to partner up with Mido. They started walking toward Mido, trying to be the one to get to him first.

"Now girls, calm down. All of you must partner up first before I get my partner. So hurry, everyone must pair up," Mido said with a charming smile. All the girls sighed in disappointment. He watched as all the boys started asking the girls to be their partners. He noticed that he wasn't the only popular one.

Megamo was surrounded by a few girls, taking his attention away from Ayoshi, who just stood there as he looked around the room.

'This is my chance.' Mido fixed his hair and started taking large, but slow steps toward Ayoshi. Soon the two came face to face. He gave the shorter boy a bright smile, while Ayoshi just gave him a perplexed look.

Ayoshi was able to get a better look at the taller man. 'Why does he look so familiar?'

"Finally, after so long, I get to see you again."

Ayoshi tilted his head, "What do you mean?"

Megamo faintly heard Ayoshi's voice over the girls. No one else may have noticed but he did. He turned his head towards the boy's direction. He watched as the older boy, in a smooth motion, grabbed Ayoshi's hand and started to bring it up towards his lips. He started to feel a deep sense of panic. "Excuse me, girls." The girls watched in confusion as he rushed in Mido and Ayoshi. His body blocked the sight of what was happening between the two. Using his arm, he blocked Mido's actions, knocking Ayoshi's hand out of Mido's. He used their confusion to his advantage and grabbed both of Ayoshi's hands. "Ayoshi, what are you doing? Remember we agreed to be dance partners?"

Ayoshi grew even more confused, "We did?"

"Yes, at the beginning of the year. We agreed that when we finally got a dance teacher, we would be partners."

Ayoshi's scrunched-up eyebrows relaxed. "Yes, I remember."

Megamo sighed in relief. He smiled at Ayoshi and started dragging him away.

However, Mido stopped them. "Hold on. I am not done talking to him."

Megamo turned towards Mido, "Please hurry, you shouldn't waste time."

Mido smirked, "Ayoshi-kun, would you like to be my dance partner?"

"Didn't you hear? Ayoshi is my dance partner." Mido answered for Ayoshi, with an arrogant voice.

"Well, I sure didn't look like it. You seemed quite occupied, leaving Ayoshi-kun all alone," Mido said in a condescending tone.

Megamo let go of Ayoshi and walked up to Mido. He let out a laugh, "Don't you think you're being a little unprofessional by calling him, whom you don't even know, by their first name?"

"You know nothing about Ayoshi's and I's relationship. Now, if you'll excuse me."

"Like I said, Ayoshi is my dance partner."

Mido smirked, "I'm sure he would like a partner with more experience, that someone like you wouldn't have."

Megamo scowled, "You may have more experience, but I think he would prefer a partner who is their age. Someone who can keep up with him, unlike an old man like you."

Mido's eyes widened in shock, "Old? I'm only 19. That's far from old and I wouldn't exactly say you have stamina. Little boys like you need experience to build that up. I don't see that happening anytime soon."

"It's probably been a while since you've used your skills. You're probably rusty. What's the point of that experience if you're not even good at it anymore?"

The two glared at each other as they went back and forth. While the two were bickering, Ayoshi just stood to the side, continuing to look around the room. Almost everyone was partnered up when Ayoshi then felt a soft tab on his shoulder.

"Excuse me, Aishi-kun. We seem to be the only two left. Want to be my partner?"

Ayoshi turned to see a shy-looking girl, then looked back to Mido and Megamo. The two seemed to still be talking. He, tired of waiting, wasn't as patient as most people think he is. "Mm, we can be partners."

She smiled at him with a small blush on her face. "Great."

One of the boys yelled out, "Mrs. Nishioka! We all have partners and we're ready to start."

The two stopped in the middle of their arguing and they both let out, "Excuse me?"

"All of you have a partner?" Mido asked, with an emphasis on the all.

"Yup," the class said.

The two looked around the class, spotting Ayoshi standing next to a girl.

Megamo rushed towards Ayoshi, "Didn't you agree to be partners?"

"You were taking too long," Ayoshi said, seeing nothing wrong with his statement.

Megamo's jaw dropped. He felt a sense of betrayal as he walked back towards Mido.

"Rana-san, Student Council President, it looks like you're going to be partners," Mrs. Nishioka said.

The two looked at each other with great remorse on their faces. "It looks like it."