The bad dad shows up

(I know y'all enjoyed the last ending.)

Percy POV: After the punch came the swearing. And oh boy, can my mom swear. She had to never said anything bad in front of me. But I could almost always hear her mutter a few bad ones when Gabe bossed her around. Today she busted out the whole dirty dictionary. She didn't even repeat a word twice. Not even the Greek ones.

Poseidon looked calm despite the screaming, like the words mom were saying didn't matter, like just another screaming passer by (we get a lot of those in New York). By the time mom was done she was in tears again. Tiny waterfalls flowed down her cheeks. Poseidon went to touch her arm but Paul stepped in between them. Poseidon looked taken aback for a second before he reached to comfort him too, that's when I stepped in.

"Don't even try to comfort them, you lost that right." My voice sounded hoarse and deadly, even to me. I mustt have been glaring hard at him because he looked at me and flinched.

"It will take me a long time to get used to those eyes." He said, was that regret in his tone?. Oh hell no, he didn't get to regret this. Not the way he did, like losing a stuffed animal.

I kept my mouth shut as I glared at him some more. If I opened it, I might scream. He continued, "I came to explain some things to you. You left before we could do that and today there was other business to attend to, so I came here."

We all sat round the dining table, which had been cleared of all the laundry previously on top of it. I sat with Paul to my left and mom to my right. He cleared his throat and began, "You are not completely immortal." Mom sat on from my chair. "What!?" I said, eyes wide. Poseidon continued, "You shall live as long as camp Half-Blood stands."

"So." I started, "I will die when camp Half-Blood is destroyed?" I asked.

"Or it moves." Poseidon answered. "Or maybe you will move with it, like Chiron. We don't know. All we know is that you and your camp are tied."

"What about Dionysus?" I asked.

"He is removed and replaced by you." He stated. "You are the camp director."

"Chiron keeps his old post?"

"Yes."

"Does he get some new punishment?"

"Chiron or Dionys.."

"Dionysus."

"Yes."

"He shouldn't."

"That's not for you to say."

"What's the punishment?"

"Not decided, yet."

"When does he leave?"

"He already has."

"Does security remain the same?"

"If you wish it to."

"Every thing else?"

"Same if you do not change it."

"What about the weather?"

"You control it."

We talked like that for an hour. In tiny sentences. Not breaking eye contact. I asked about my powers, apparently I lost all of the powers I had got from him expect breathing under water. Everything was the same if I didn't change it. I had first say in everything about camp demigods and the rest I had vouched for. All the punishments that I had asked to be remove would be done in the next ten years. Which was good enough, I guess.

I didn't realize when Paul and mom got up and left. In the end I said, "I guess that's all."

"I guess so."

"So should I show you to the door, or you will turn into a puddle of water or something?"

"The latter."

"Don't get too much of yourself on the floor."

I got up and walked away without looking back.

(Untill next time.)