Chapter 1: Burroughs and Explanation

"Awakening complete."

I wake to the sound of the robotic voice.

Blinking, I sit up, the memories of the past events rushing back to me. The gauntlet, the lineage of summoners, the overwhelming surge of energy before I blacked out-it all feels like a dream. But as I move my hand, the gauntlet responds, confirming its reality.

Summoner and Awakening. What exactly does that mean? I ponder their significance, but what stands out the most is the sensation coursing through me now. I can feel a strange energy all around me, a flowing red strand of energy interwoven with everything-objects, the ground, and even within myself. It's as if I've been granted a new sense, one that reveals the hidden currents of power in this world.

Cautiously, I remind myself not to look at the star at the center of the sphere. If the pain I felt before is any indication, it's not something to be trifled with.

A surge of excitement bubbles up inside me. After all these years of chasing after magic, I've finally found it. I can't contain myself and shout, "I've finally found it! Magic!"

Suddenly, the voice interrupts my moment of triumph. "Please enter a name."

I blink, momentarily taken aback. Then, with a clear voice, I say, "Minoru."

The gauntlet hums in acknowledgment. "Name registered: Minoru."

After taking a moment to absorb everything. I stand up, feeling the red strands of energy pulsing around me, through me. It's an incredible sensation, like I've tapped into the very fabric of existence. This power, this magic or whatever it's called, is something I've dreamed of for so long, and now it's finally within my grasp.

The voice interrupts my thoughts again. "Hello, Master Minoru. I'm Burroughs, a navigational AI. I've acknowledged you as my user. It's nice to meet you."

I blink, momentarily surprised. "Nice to meet you too, Burroughs," I reply, regaining my composure. "Can I ask you some questions?"

"Yes, Master Minoru. You may ask any question within my capabilities."

I pause for a moment, considering my first question. "What is this world?"

Burroughs responds without hesitation. "This is the Vortex World. It is a Dyson sphere-like construct with a star at its center named Zorya. Most structures of this world are exactly the same as those of your own, encompassing the entirety of our world but with a surface area a thousand times greater. The terrains are separated by expanses of sand and unfamiliar structures, cities, and lands never seen in our world. The inhabitants of this world are called demons. No human can normally survive here as they would dissolve into Magatsuhi unless they are a summoner or belong to a summoner lineage."

The information is overwhelming, but it starts to make sense. A world so similar, yet so different, populated by demons and sustained by some form of energy called Magatsuhi. I glance around, taking in the strange familiarity of my surroundings. This Vortex World is both a mirror and a distortion of my own reality.

"Demons and summoners, you say?" I muse aloud. "Can you tell me what are they?"

"The term "Demons", in our world, refer to any supernatural entity that can bring harm to human beings or interfere with their lives in one way or another. These demons are drawn from various mythologies, religions, and folklores around the globe. They encompass gods, spirits, monsters, and other supernatural creatures.

I listen intently, absorbing each word. The idea that these beings are drawn from the mythologies I've read about adds a surreal twist to my new reality.