Chapter 3: Minato City and Yakou

While I marvel at the massive ice spikes, lost in the joy of my newfound power, Pixie flutters closer. "That's incredible! Even my magic isn't that strong."

I'm so absorbed in the sight before me that I barely notice her words. Pixie raises her voice, waving her hands in front of my face. "Minoru! Hello? Earth to Minoru!"

I snap back to reality, blinking a few times before focusing on her. "Oh, sorry about that, Pixie. I got a little carried away."

She giggles. "It's okay. I understand. That was really impressive."

I give her a slight nod, acknowledging her words. "Thanks, Pixie. But we should get going."

Pixie flutters closer, her wings shimmering with a gentle glow. "To make sure I don't get in your way while we're traveling, I'll stay in your COMP. You can summon me anytime you need."

I nod in agreement, watching with mild fascination as Pixie transforms into a red light and gets absorbed into my COMP. The sudden shift catches me off guard, and I stare at the device on my wrist.

"Burroughs," I begin, remembering that I haven't fully explored one of the COMP's primary functions, "how many demons can be stored and summoned through this device?"

Burroughs' voice comes through clearly. "The COMP can store up to ten demons and summon three simultaneously."

I process this information, considering the tactical advantages. With a small arsenal of demons at my disposal, my capabilities in battle would be significantly enhanced. The thought of recruiting as many demons as possible to bolster my strength and versatility in combat solidifies in my mind.

"Understood," I reply, already strategizing in my mind. "Thanks, Burroughs."

As I start to strategize, I remind myself that it won't take long to reach Minato City. However, I must remain cautious upon arrival. A large leyline fount is situated there, attracting numerous powerful demons. I conclude that as long as I maintain a safe distance from the Tokyo Tower, I should be fine.

I prepare myself for the journey, feeling a surge of excitement at the prospect of encountering more demons. The idea of acquiring new skills or recruiting other demons into my ranks fuels my determination. With a deep breath, I break into a run, feeling the exhilarating rush of speed as the world blurs around me.

----------

After arriving in Minato City, I make my way to a nearby cemetery. To me, it's the perfect place to find demons—a haven of malevolent spirits and restless souls. The gravestones and mausoleums stand as silent sentinels, guarding the secrets of the dead. The air is thick with an eerie stillness, broken only by the occasional rustle of leaves and distant echoes of the city.

As I walk among the tombstones, I encounter various demons. So far, the cemetery seems to house only zombies, Pretas, and a peculiar type of demon known as Kamiotoko. The Kamiotoko are part of the Rumor race, taking the form of a white orb with exaggerated features—plump lips painted with bright red lipstick. They hover eerily above the ground, their strange appearance adding to the surreal atmosphere of the graveyard.

During my encounters, I've managed to assimilate some skills—such as Mudo, an element of Dark magic. Though the idea of wielding dark power excites me, Mudo itself is somewhat underwhelming. It's more of a curse than an outright offensive spell, gradually sapping the life force and Magatsuhi of the target. If the target is weak to Dark or is at a level similar to or lower than mine, there's a slight chance of killing it instantly. Despite this, the skill's potential intrigues me.

Disappointment gnaws at me as I realize the limitations of Mudo. Despite its potential, the dark magic is of little use against the demons infesting the cemetery. Most of them are resistant to Dark skills, and those I've encountered so far are weaklings, hardly worth the effort. I sigh, sheathing my katana, and prepare to leave in search of stronger opponents.