The Pseudo-Gay Regent vs. the Little Emperor Disguised as a Man (02)

After hearing the voice of the palace maid, Jiang Li's eyes widened suddenly and she froze in place.

  Come closer, come closer!

  Why did the hero appear at this time? !
  She looked down at the bulge on her chest and frantically looked for a hiding place in the hall.

  Concealing one's origins is a serious crime of deceiving the emperor, and she must not let the hero find out at this time!

  Jiang Li frantically looked for a hiding place in the hall, and finally her target fell on the bed in front.

  She remembered that she seemed to be unconscious just now?

  Never mind, let's continue to pretend to be dead!

  Thinking of this, Jiang Li quickly ran back to the bed and got into the quilt. The whole process took only three breaths!

  Jiang Li turned over and wrapped herself tightly with the quilt, leaving only her head outside.

  "Your servant greets the Regent!"

  When the figure of the Regent Chu Huaizhi appeared in the Yangxin Palace, the palace servants standing outside the palace bowed to him.

  Hearing the voices of the palace servants getting closer and closer, Jiang Li clenched her hands and closed her eyes tightly.

  Chu Huaizhi was wearing a black four-clawed python robe, with one hand behind his back and the other hand playing with a ring in his hand. He walked towards the Yangxin Palace expressionlessly past the palace servants.

  It was well known in the palace that the little emperor did not like people to serve him closely, so Chu Huaizhi was not surprised that there was no palace servant in the huge Yangxin Palace.

  After arriving at the Yangxin Palace, Chu Huaizhi walked straight to the inner hall.

  He was not in the imperial city these days. After receiving the news that the little emperor was in danger in the palace, he immediately rushed back from outside the city without stopping, and did not even go back to the palace, but came directly to the palace. After

  arriving at the inner hall, the first thing he saw was the small ball on the bed.

  Chu Huaizhi pursed his lips, raised his feet to the bed and took a look at Jiang Li who was pretending to be dead.

  After seeing the blood-stained gauze on her forehead, Chu Huaizhi's originally condensed breath instantly dropped to the freezing point.

  Although he didn't like the stupid and cowardly little emperor, the late emperor entrusted the little emperor to him before his death. Seeing that the late emperor had treated him well before, he had the responsibility to protect the little emperor so that he could grow up and be worthy of the title of Emperor of Dayan.

  After noticing the sudden drop in temperature in the palace, Jiang Li, who was pretending to be unconscious, trembled violently.

  Now the memory of this body has not been transmitted, and she doesn't know whether the regent has any grudges with the original owner. Now his breath is suddenly cold. Could it be that he wants to kill her while no one is in the palace?

  Thinking of this possibility, Jiang Li's hands covered under the quilt clenched into fists. I

  thought I could get a taste of being an emperor when I came to this small world, but who knew I was so unlucky. I was just injured and now I was stared at by a poisonous snake!
  Just when Jiang Li was hesitating whether to pretend to wake up, Chu Huaizhi spoke.

  "Come here, call the imperial physician."

  After hearing his voice, the eunuch on duty outside the palace quickly responded: "Yes." After

  learning that Chu Huaizhi was going to call the imperial physician, Jiang Li could no longer pretend. Without the memory of her original body, she didn't know which imperial physician in the Imperial Hospital she had communicated with. What if an imperial physician who had not communicated came to check her pulse, then wouldn't her disguise as a man be directly exposed!
  In order not to expose her identity, Jiang Li simply went all out.

  "Hiss--"

  She first took a breath of cold air, then turned around and slowly opened her eyes.

  Jiang Li was stunned when she saw Chu Huaizhi.

  The man's sculpted facial features, extremely delicate looks, and noble aura emanated from the inside out. The most seductive thing was the pair of naturally upturned phoenix eyes, which made people fall in love with them at first sight.

  But the pair of beautiful phoenix eyes were filled with a cold chill, and they were staring at her deeply at this time, which made Jiang Li's spine cold.

  The chill all over her body brought Jiang Li back to her senses suddenly. She held onto the corners of the quilt tightly with both hands to prevent anyone from lifting it.   

  "Uncle, uncle."

  Chu Huaizhi's eyes flickered as soon as this title came out.

  "I, my body is fine, so there's no need to bother the imperial physician."

  Jiang Li lay on the bed, her wet almond eyes staring at Chu Huaizhi in front of her without blinking, and directly rejected his good intention to call the imperial physician to check her body.

  Chu Huaizhi lowered his eyes to look at her. Although Jiang Li felt guilty, she did not look away, but her cheeks were a little red because she was too nervous.

  "Are there any other injuries on your body?"

  Chu Huaizhi asked in a deep voice.

  Jiang Li shook her head quickly: "No, I just accidentally hit my forehead."

  "Well, you have just ascended the throne and your wings are not yet full. Don't run around in the future. Bring guards with you wherever you go."

  Chu Huaizhi reminded her. Because her original body was weak in temperament, two-thirds of the ministers were dissatisfied with her rule after she came to power. Now that the previous emperor has passed away and the new emperor has ascended the throne, the court is in turmoil.

  Although the other princes were sick or disabled, their ambitions had never been restrained. They were staring at Jiang Li in secret like a poisonous snake. If Jiang Li was not careful, she would die in his hands.

  Chu Huaizhi had promised the previous emperor to assist the new emperor until he was fully grown. Since he had promised, he would definitely do it.

  Facing Chu Huaizhi's instructions, Jiang Li nodded: "I know, uncle."

  Jiang Li looked honest and obeyed Chu Huaizhi's words, but she was very suspicious in her heart.

  How come it seems that Chu Huaizhi not only has no hatred with her, but seems to be protecting her?
  After thinking of this possibility, Jiang Li stared at Chu Huaizhi for a while.

  Facing Jiang Li who was staring at him, Chu Huaizhi pursed his lips, and after seeing her blushing cheeks, he leaned over and stretched out his big hand to her.

  After watching Chu Huaizhi's evil face suddenly enlarged, Jiang Li clenched the corner of the quilt with both hands and closed her eyes in horror.

  How can this person change so quickly? ?

  He was just showing concern for her, why is he suddenly locking her throat now? !

  Jiang Li, who was powerless, closed her eyes tightly, and her eyelashes were trembling because of fear.

  However, the expected pain did not come, and Chu Huaizhi's big palm finally fell on her forehead.

  After sensing the warmth on her forehead, Jiang Li suddenly opened her eyes and met Chu Huaizhi's phoenix eyes that were as deep as an ancient well.

  The distance between the two was only half an arm's length, so close that Jiang Li could even see the tiny and invisible hair on Chu Huaizhi's temples.

  Seeing that Jiang Li's face was flushed, Chu Huaizhi leaned over to feel her temperature on her forehead.

  After realizing that Jiang Li's temperature was normal, Chu Huaizhi withdrew his hand from her forehead and straightened his waist.

  "No fever, take a good rest in the next two days, leave the court to me."

  Chu Huaizhi took out a white porcelain bottle from his waist and said, "Apply to the wound once in the morning and evening."

  After giving instructions, he placed the white porcelain bottle next to Jiang Li's pillow. After making sure that she was fine, there was no need for her to stay in the Yangxin Palace.

  Chu Huaizhi was about to turn around when his sleeves suddenly tightened.

  He paused and turned his head to look at his sleeves.

  "Uncle, don't leave. I'm scared."