𝟎𝟏. ❛ IT'S NECESSARY ❜

━━━ ❛ it's necessary

━━━ ❛ it's necessary ❜

chapter no. 001!

     HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY. A school full of daft and unique children. All children ranging from 11 years old to 18 years old living their own description of normal in a school for wizards. Though they contain highs and lows none can explain the importance of how low the school world became when Harry James Potter turned 17.

     The boy who lived survived a frightful childhood and school life accompanied by his best of friends Hermione Granger and Ronald Weasley. The trio of Gryffindor students entered a world full of mischief and pain once the dusted sorting hat announced their house. They mastered 7 entire years of magic all without little to no training. They encountered large chess pieces and large three headed dogs for just their first year before leaving their second school year on account to an enormous reptilian snake. For their third year it contained looking back in time and discovering the wanted criminal Sirius Black was his Godfather and loved friend to his father James Potter.

     Fourth year shenanigans contained being an accident recruitment to the Triwizard tournament where Cedric Diggory was murdered in the ultimate returns of Voldemort, formerly known as Tom Marvolo Riddle, who was accompanied by an old friend Peter Pettigrew. Their fifth year continued with dangers of Harry casting magic outside of school boundaries and being thrown to a court, as well as an old ministry woman who was their new Defense Against the Dark Arts professor. The ministry madame was named Dolores Umbridge who wore pink clothes, causing her petite figure to look like a toad. The trio decides to teach other wizards of defensive magic as Dolores didn't fret about it. This caused his uncle Sirius Black to be murdered in a low level battle.

     The sixth year was spent preparing Harry to fight the evil Lord Voldemort as well as Dumbledore, their former headmaster, to die by another professor who goes by the name Professor Snape. Yet before those humbled moments he created an order to defeat the treacherous wizard, calling it the Phoenix order. The order, which he had created prior to Sirius' death, protected the boy with the lightning scar on his forehead. Entering their last school year the trio broke Voldemort piece by piece before defeating him face to face with a fake death and lots of war. Hermione and Ron felt the large tension between them and made their relationship official as well as Harry and Ron's younger sister, Ginerva Weasley.

     The war was over, long completed and leaving broken parts for the wizards to fix. Building the castle like school took much more effort than one could anticipate, even if they had magic, Wizards came day by day to help move the pace along, to either go back into school or to get their children back into school. Harry Potter, Hermione Granger, and Ron Weasley being apart of those wizards. The 17 year olds didn't miss the war, just simply the citizens who disappeared with it.

It'd only been 7 months since the war and they were almost finished with all of Hogwarts castle. Still, the new headmistress had much more to accomplish before the school year began. So maybe that was the reason Louise was called into the Order of the Phoenix meeting. She wasn't quite certain, though, she was still zoning out as they waited for the old woman to arrive. Molly Weasley, a mother of many, offered the guests at the Black House hold some muffins and cookies.

Across the room was the three Gryffindor children, still looking across the room for anything better to stare at than the young Hyland. The silence was loud and uncomfortable in a way, only hearing the sound of Molly's footsteps. The familiar crackling of an apparition began quickly ending soon after. The woman entered the large living area, showcasing her witch hat and large gown uniform.

"Well, now that we've all gathered. Come along, into the dining hall," the woman, known as McGonnagal, ordered. The adults stood up quickly, trailing after the quick female.

"Ah— maybe the children would be best out of this conversation," Molly Weasley suggested. Her soft demeanor quickly choosing to keep her children naive to whatever the new situation would be. Four out of the five children groaned in annoyance, protesting to Molly's suggestion.

"I'm afraid that won't work with what we are handling. Nothing too enormous, I assure you. It's more informational than anything else," McGonnagal quickly added on. A hesitant nod shook Molly's head, allowing all of the younger wizards into the kitchen.

     Louise shuddered softly with a chatter of her teeth when a sudden breeze flew towards her. The long table was surrounded by members of the Phoenix Order as well as Cleo Hyland and her daughter Louise Hyland.

     "Now, this meeting will begin with a letter sent to the Hylands. Louise, you were told that you would be housing these visitors, very important visitors," McGonnagal cleared the tension. "Cleo, you had studied those visitors much more than I could ever discover. If you could, please help inform the rest of the group."

     "I'd be more than willing to explain. The visitors coming to Scotland will be the Royale Greeks," Cleo Hyland began. Her wand flicked against her wrist causing a large book to appear. The black headed female opened it, muttering another spell to make the words come to life, "the Royale Greeks are a special amount of citizens with many abilities. It's not as simple as one may think.."

"They have been around for a long amount of time, generations passing generations. However, they don't seem to interact with anyone, causing them to not even use abilities on many citizens. Due to this assessment, we only know so much."

"Precisely, which is why this is an important meeting. The Royale Greek heirs are said to be the children of reincarnated gods and goddesses from Greece and Rome. However, we hadn't a clue on what had happened to them from a recent war of theirs," McGonnagal nods in return. Her wand flicks, showing a small vision of blue silhouettes fighting one another.

"Excuse me, Headmistress, but— why is this important?" Hermione nibbled her bottom lip.

"It seems outrageous, however it is necessary. The ministry has decided to add one more year further into the school to ensure the ministry that any student who missed a school year will be eligible to use magic," McGonnogal added in the end.

MEY NOTES・ ཐིཋྀ⭒‿︵ ‧˚⭒
I did not want to make the chapter too long, so the second half of this chapter will be considered the second chapter. Now- I know what you may suspect, why didn't I just not write the harry potter background. But, I felt it was necessary to recap everyone on the situation of how McGonnagal turned into the headmistress. So, it's all just- kind of complex but it just clears on how people got to where they are now.