Epilogue

Zachary 

"Mom, who is she?" I glanced at my mom, who was eating a dessert on her plate. She also looks at the girl I'm staring at. 

She grinned widely, like an old witch. I know what's running through her mind.

"Why? You like her?" She sounds so sweet, but I only groaned because of that.

"Of course not! I'm just asking, okay? I already like someone else," I said as a matter of fact. "And I'm just curious because she seems distant and quiet for her age, unlike my schoolmates who keep bubbling even when they are alone."

I stared at her intently. All through the event, her head was canted. She only raised her head if someone asked her, that's why I can't fully see her face. But based on her body figure, I bet she is already eleven. Or maybe twelve?

She already has a shape, and it's showing in her fitted red evening gown. 

"She's the only daughter of my friend, you remember Tita Lore?" My brows furrowed.

"That evil-looking Tita?" Tumawa si Mommy doon, pero matapos ay sinamaan niya ako ng tingin.

"Stop that, Zach, it's bad. Don't judge a person easily based on how you see them." I just shrugged my shoulders and stared at the girl.

I don't know what's with her, but I can't remove my gaze from her. My inner self is shouting that I must see her face, especially her eyes. And I didn't fail because, after a while, her blue oceanic eyes landed on me. Looking innocently. 

My heart beat faster, and I immediately diverted my attention towards anything else, which I regretted because when I looked at her place once again, she was now walking away. Leaving the event.

Because of that, at every event that we attend, I'm always attentive. I was excited to see her.

Excited? No, I'm not! I'm only amazed by the color of her eyes because it's rare to see some here in the Philippines!

But I failed. Maraming event ang lumipas ay hindi ko na siya nakita. Kaya tinamad na rin akong sumama kina Mommy. I focused on my studies and my sports.

"Ano pare? Sama ka?" asked Enzo after our game in basketball.

I shook my head. "No, I'll be seeing Cassie, and I'll study for the finals."

Umiling ang ilan sa mga kabarkada ko. "Iba talaga pag maaga palang gusto na agad magpatali. Loose up sometimes, brad. It's not wrong to taste different dishes." He smirked, which made my jaw clench.

May ilang natawa at hindi ko na lang pinagbigyan ng pansin ang sinabi niya dahil baka lumala lang at humantong sa away. Mas marami pa akong dapat gawin kaysa makipagbuno sa mga gagong katulad niya. 

They didn't take their girl seriously, so I would never be like them.

Nagpaalam na kami lahat sa isa't isa. Ako naman ay naglakad lang patungo sa kabilang restaurant malapit sa gym. Cassie, my girlfriend, is waiting there.

I looked at every car that passed by, and I stopped when I saw a familiar one. The window is open, and there's a girl peeking. With her elbow on the surface and her face above it, It's dangerous, and I almost snarl about it when she looks at me when the car passes on my front.

I felt like everything around me became in slow motion as her tantalizing blue eyes landed on mine. My mind stop and my breathing hitched as my heart beats faster.

I was stunned and forgot what I would do. 

"Zach! Why are you still there?!" Nagising ako sa pagkahibang ng makita si Cassie na sumisigaw mula sa kabilang kalsada.

"Fuck! This is wrong!" I silently cursed.

I have a girlfriend, and being attracted to another girl is not right. I'm not the same jerk as my friend, that's why I neglect what I'm feeling and focus on my girl. 

I will love her and only her.

Time flew by, and I really forgot about that girl. I focused on my life and our relationship. I started to build dreams with Cassie and included her in my future plans. Everything is already settled, but I didn't expect that she'd just shattered everything with her simple words.

"Let's break up," she said coldly.

Naagaw ang atensyon ko no'n mula sa libro. I'm having a review for my board exam, and she's in front of me, saying those shits.

"Why? Tell me the fucking reason why you want to break up with me, Cassie?" My jaw clenched.

We are already eight years into our relationship, and she thinks this is the right time for that?

She looks so lost and hurt. "I just want to end our relationship now, Zach. I may love you, but I'm not happy anymore with you. I'm not seeing my future with you, so we better stop this before it's too late." 

I didn't know what to do. It's my first time being in a relationship. It's my first time experiencing a breakup, that's why, even though it's painful for me, I agree. 

Because what's the purpose of keeping her if she's not happy anymore? It would be better to let each other go than to keep her in a toxic relationship.

I saw her going out of my condo unit, looking so hurt while crying. 

I let her go but decided to take her back after I take my board exam. 

I passed, and I tried to talk to her, but she wasn't around. Her parents say that she is on vacation, and I waited.

But one night, inside a club, I didn't expect that I'd find someone interesting. I already forgot about my plan to take Cassie back. I already forgot about her.

We had an agreement that we would have intimate nights. Even though I still don't have any experience because I was focused on my career back then, I still agree with this woman, named Vera Augustine. And I smiled when Vera, a very hot and sexy woman above me, signed the paper without knowing what was written there. I called my attorney to make that contract, who was luckily just near that place.

That night, she used me, tasted me, and even had pure sex with me, but I can't deny the fact that I enjoy it too. I enjoy the sensation and the electrifying feeling that her hands send to my body.

The second time, we did it. The only thing that's running through my mind is that after this, I will get her, but after she leaves the place and leaves nothing, without informing me, it makes my life so fuck up.

I forgot about everything. I forgot about the unfixed relationship. And I was guilty of unloving her and losing the eight years we had. But what can I do?

"Z-Zach, I'm really sorry. I'm not really on my right mind at that time." She's pleading in front of me. My guilt is eating me, but I can't take her back if I'm not able to turn back her feelings anymore.

"I'm sorry, Cassie, but I can't. I already like someone else." I sighed. I tried to reach for her, but she stepped back.

"N-No, Zach, you're only saying that because you're hurt, right?! You're mad?!" She is crying, and I'm stopping myself from showing her my pity.

"No, I'm sayi—."

"Why?! Because I can't bear a child?!" Umiling, I softly look at her. 

She has ovarian cancer, and she told me about it a while ago. She let me go because she was afraid to give me a future that has nothing to hold on to, and seeing her in this pain is killing me too. We shared a lot of things, and I indeed loved her, but it's really hard to save a boat that is already shrinking. 

I know I'm a jerk, and I should be blamed for this.

"Cassie, listen, okay?" I cupped her cheeks. "Not bearing a child doesn't make you less of a woman. You're extra, kind, and beautiful, and because of it, don't think that you're not deserving anymore." I hugged her and comforted her. After all, I still treat her as a special person for me too. She became part of my growth, and I thank her for that.

We talked, and we decided to separate truly. We had closure that made me free from everything. I really hope for her healing and true happiness.

"Who?" I asked the head of the security system at my cousin's company. 

He cleared his throat. "I found out that it's Mr. Renzo Gregory." I clenched my jaw. "Do you know him, sir?" I stared at the computer and looked at the face of my fucktard friend, Enzo. 

So all this time, he is the man who's protecting the girl? Why because he is the boyfriend?

With gritting teeth, I punch Enzo in the face three times. Some of our friends stopped me. 

Gumagalaw ang kaniyang panga at nakahawak siya sa kaniyang pisngi. Hindi siya lumaban.

"I'm sorry, okay? She is my cousin, and she asked for help to be close to you. I'm really shocked because you're what she chose, and you being broken-hearted, I thought it would be a great help. And I was scared if you got mad, I know what you're capable of doing," he said. We are now sitting on the couch here in the VIP room, inside one of the restobars we use to hang out.

"What I want to know is, where is she?" I asked seriously.

He looked intently at me. "I'll tell you, but promise me you won't do anything bad against her." Hindi ako sumagot. Bumuntong hininga lang siya. "She is in Batanes. I don't know the exact place, but I think she will stay there for good."

I smirked because of that.

Wait until you pay, baby. I would never let you slip from my hands and never let you go.

That's what I've said. But seeing her slowly slip on my hold, I lost it. 

"Baby..." I pleadingly called her.

"Aalis na ako." Nawawalan ng ganang saad niya, sinubukan niyang umiwas, niyakap ko siya ng mahigpit. "Bitaw," she said, and seeing her hands stay on her sides, not turning back the hug that I gave, crashed me.

"Bitaw, Zach."

"No, baby. Don't leave me." She pushed me, and I felt weak. That's why I immediately let go of my hold.

"Aalis na ako." I tried to block her way. "Ano ba?! Hindi ka ba titigil?!"

"Z-Zenith, let's talk. I... I want to explain. I will explain. Hear me." My voice broke, and I really don't care how I look right now. What I need is her, her, and her alone. 

"Ano pang ipapaliwanag mo? Hindi ako bobo Zach! Naging uto-uto ako pero hindi ako bobo! Ano?! Ginagawa mo ba ito para gumanti sa akin?! Para saktan ako?! Tang-ina mo!"

"Why would you think of it? I love you, and it never crosses my mind. Listen to me, baby..." She pushed me, and I panicked when she almost went. I kneeled in front of her and hugged her hips. I put my face on her stomach. But she pushes me more.

"Don't touch me, Zach! Let me go! I'm already giving you what you want! Bakit ka pa ba nag hahabol?!" Kung kanina ay nasasaktan ako, mas nasaktan ako ng umiyak siya ng sobra. "Ano? Sasabihan mo ako niyang mga walang kwentang salita mo? Pagmamahal mong huwad? Na akala mo mag papadala ako at maniniwala sa'yo? Puwes hindi mo ako maloloko. Hindi kita mahal, at kahit anong mangyari hindi kita mamahalin. Being a sperm donor is already enough, and if you want Sage all by yourself, then fine. Keep him. I can find another one that can give me a child," she coldly said. 

My head remains canted as she leaves me there helpless.

I have never felt so broke like this, and it's maybe too jerky to say, but I never felt like this towards Cassie. Sage had dengue, she left me without leaving any words that hurt me the most, but hearing those painful words from her almost made me crazy. She is my new build-up world, her and Sage, and even though we didn't have a perfect start, I treasured her more than anything else. 

"Daddy, look!" I laughed with our five-year-old Sage, who's pulling the cart toy while her little two-year-old sister, Zekhia Dawn, is inside and giggling her heart out.

"Be careful with your sister, Sage. She's still a baby." 

"Yes, Daddy!" He even saluted with me, so I smiled wider, but eventually got serious when our baby Zekhia was glaring at me. "I'm not a baby anymore, Dada!" She scrunched her nose.

"Okay, fine, you're not. But you're still our baby." I amusingly laughed when she rolled her brown eyes. I don't know where she got it, her mommy is not like that.

"Aya, what did I say about rolling your eyes?" I look at my back and see my beautiful wife walking, holding a plate with cookies. Her hair and hips are swaying as she walks, which makes her look more sexy. 

She raised her left eyebrow with me and looked directly into my eyes. Wanting me to drown in her oceanic eyes.

"Sowwy Mi, Si Dada po kasi at Kuya. They keep calling me baby. I'm not a baby anymore, right, Mi? I'm a big sister na, our baby is inside your tummy." I smiled because of that. After she put the plate on the table, I immediately hugged her waist and put a few light kisses in her baby womb. She is already four months pregnant with our third baby.

"Still, it's wrong to roll your eyes. Gusto mo umikot lang 'yan ng umikot at hindi na tumigil?" Umiling si Aya. 

Fuck! She's so hot while nagging with our daughter!

"Parito na kayo, eat first." 

I embrace my arms with her as we watch our child dig in the cookies that she made.

I kissed her cheek and caressed her baby womb.

She gave me the warmest and most beautiful smile that she had. "I love you."

I softly looked into her eyes and fixed her hair. "I love you more, my wife."

I kissed her fully on the lips. 

"Yuck, Mom! Dada!" Aya exaggeratedly said. We laughed because of that. I immediately tickled her. She runs, and so I chase her.

I didn't expect my life to end like this, but I'm thankful that I have this wonderful family. There's more to come and more to learn, and I would never let them go. 

We had an agreement that started with a heated night, but now she is my wife. Zenith, my queen. My baby.

This won't be called a sinuous agreement anymore, but rather our love agreement. And this is the real and true agreement that will be sealed forever that no one can break. Our love for each other. 

_

Ayan after some editing here is the final epilogue! Thank you guysuee!

ErmisSan