||36.||

•||Chapter 36: Together||•

|| F A I S A L ||

"You have seen it now," I told her with a smirk, seeing the undisguised unrest on her face as I pulled the file back to myself.

She hissed in anger and sat back straightly, gaining her posture and demeanor. The wrinkles on the corner of her eyes relaxed as she flashed her fake and tight smile at me.

"Why do you think I will harm your wife, Faisal?" She asked me with a light laugh, putting her hand on her mouth.

"Why...? Hmm.. Don't you know yourself. Why dadu asked my father to protect Anmol from you," I replied, tapping my fingers on the table between us.

That fake and tight smile on her lips flattened. She narrowed her eyes at me with a scowl on her face, annoyance clear in her eyes. How funny was this situation where she wasn't even trying to hide her real face and emotions in front of me anymore.

"Don't think that I don't know your hand in the construction site incident and also in manipulating the things from behind the scenes," I stood up and told her, leaning towards her and glaring into her eyes.

"If, so much so, you touch a strand of her hair, I'll not let you roam so easily, Tai Amma. Mark my words."

With this warning, I threw the file towards her and strode out of the restaurant. I got into my car and drove away, thinking of my plan. If she'd decided to harm my wife in any way, this would become a trap for her. But, if she took this warning seriously then she wouldn't have anything to worry for the time being.

As long as Anmol's Tai Amma stayed away from her...

The next day, I stared at my wife in the darkness who was on the bed while I was laying on the small couch that barely fit me. I sighed at her sleeping beauty and thought of what dad had told her for which she decided to stay. I had asked him but he didn't tell me anything.

Sleepless nights had been written in my fate now. I picked my phone and glanced at the time then went to the kitchen to cook something, taking my laptop and phone along. While cooking, I was also doing work in between.

"It's good to see you in the kitchen. Why don't you teach your father some cooking too."

I glanced over my shoulder hearing mom's monotonous voice as she entered the kitchen.

"Why are you embarrassing me, mom? We both know dad's cooking is also great," I defended dad in front of her but she ended up laughing like I told her a joke.

"You think, son. Sorry to break your bubble but he can't cook. If he does then it's burnt food. And the items he always displays in front of us, labeled as made by him, are all from some restaurants," She patted my back, really breaking my bubble.

"He tried his hardest to copy you but failed," She added, leaning against the counter beside me.

She sighed in distress loudly then helped me in making peras for paratha.

"Now I wonder how good it would be for me if I had another son. So I could marry Anmol to him instead of you."

I stopped and turned towards her, narrowing my eyes at her and feeling a surge of anger in my chest.

"Good thing he was never born or I would have killed him and buried him back myself," I told her in anger, gritted my teeth.

Here I had been trying to win my wife's heart back and my mother was adding fuel to my wounds.

"But I wouldn't mind having a second husband."

We heard a sleepy voice coming from behind us, making both of us freeze. We both turned around and saw Anmol entering the kitchen and taking a water bottle out of the refrigerator, then left.