||Epilogue||

[A/N: Before the beginning of this chapter, I am informing you there's a trigger scene of panic attack. If you are sensitive to it, please skip the scene under ✨✨✨. And if any of you are having panic attacks, please address this with your therapist and don't ignore it.]

•||Epilogue||•

|| F A I S A L ||

|| F A I S A L ||

Divorce paper.

There was a lump in my throat making me unable to produce any sound and my vision hazed.

"Do you still want it? Is there no.. no other chance?" I stammered, clenching the papers in my hands tightly.

"Yes, I still want this," Her voice was so calm but it moved my heart into pieces.

The room we were in seemed so small like there was no window, just a small box, unabling me to breathe. The four walls of the room were suffocating me with the memories we created here.

Just a few days before she was asking me for a family and now this. I put the papers aside and left the room hastily, leaving her alone.

✨✨✨

There were cold sweats all over my body, my chest tightening, something squeezing my lungs. My heart pounding that I could hear clearly in both ears, my breath became short and sharp gasps. The staircase in front of me began to spin along with my vision blurred.

My legs trembled as I grasped the railing tightly and sat on the staircase, leaning against the railing and still holding it tightly. I felt like drowning and suffocating under the weight of my fears.

"Divorce me, Faisal."

"Yes, I still want it."

These sentences echoed in my mind, the sentences she said to me on her birthday and today. My thoughts were jumbled with fear, anxiety, despair and panic. The world was crumbling under my feet as the thought of living without her was setting in.

✨✨✨

I wanted to scream please don't but the words were stuck in my throat. I failed this marriage, I failed dadu, I failed her, I failed the place in her heart.

A hand was placed on my shoulder and squeezed it. It was a gentle yet firm pressure that was pulling a little out of the midst of my abyss. From the warmth I knew it was my wife that reached me. I felt a ray of hope and quickly turned to look into her eyes. But the calm look in her eyes made me realize that now there was no way out of this.

She was determined to leave me and live her life away from me. I grabbed her hand with my trembling one as she moved to sit beside me, on the stair.

"But aren't we.. aren't we talking about kids a few days before?" I asked her in desperation.