10

CELESTIA

CELESTIA

The ringing of the wall phone disturbed me as it blared through the office, the sound echoing off the walls.

Snuffing out the cigar in the tray, I halted the spinning of the chair and walked over to the phone to pick it up.

The caller's voice made me halt. Why is she calling me?

"Celestia, please answer," Anabelle's faint voice implored from the other end, prompting an eye roll from me.

"Why should I?" I responded, even though I had just done what she asked.

"Lavida and Author got married a few days ago, and she has been wreaking havoc ever since." Her response left me both shocked and disgusted.

Shocked because despite all the trouble they've caused, they believe getting married in my country is a sensible thing to do.

Feeling disgusted because it's simply disgusting.

Humans can be so pathetic.

"And how does that concern me?" I inquired, growing impatient.

"She's likely doing this to provoke you; that girl isn't right in the head," she exclaimed, while I chuckled softly.

"That girl can't do anything to me, no matter what she tries to do she won't affect me, now, lose this number and don't ever call me back again."

After hanging up the phone, I was heading back to the chair when I was interrupted by some commotion coming from outside.

"What is happening here?" I exclaimed, stepping into the main area of the house facing the front door, where I saw Thalia being restrained by Alexander.

"This bitch showed up demanding to see you, I told her get lost, but she won't budge and had the nerve to nudged me, so I smacked the fuck out of her, and she hit me back." Thalia ranted angrily, pointing toward the door.

"If it isn't the devils themselves."

As if on cue, Lavida and Arthur were at the door.

"I tried to persuade them to leave, but he pleaded, claiming he had a deal to make with you," Alexander said, locking eyes with me before stepping behind as I approached them.

"Save all your words. And leave."

I didn't have time for useless bickering; nor want any deals from them or anyone associated with them.

Plus, it was kind of strange how they magically appear right after his mother called.

I don't have no time for funny business.

Especially from those two.

"Still as stubborn, I see. Please, just listen to me. I know I'm the last person you'd want to see, but I'd like to propose a deal." He pleaded while I looked on, uninterested.