Chapter 46 - Nutflex Date & Chill 🍋

Credit to the artist: https://x.com/pusshwa/status/1254048763582152704/photo/1

==========================================================

Friday afternoon, the class is over and the students are on their way to the dorms except for Izuku. He was running a little errand for Midnight, saying it's payment for her teaching Mina about Sorcery. As he was picking a black rose he stumbled along the way, he was greeted by a Daemon. A red-skinned, fifteen-foot tall monstrosity wielding a giant khopesh.

Fierce red and orange flames clashed as destruction swept through Elsewhere

Fierce red and orange flames clashed as destruction swept through Elsewhere. Debris of stone, trees, and magical flesh from other monsters scattered, leaving a gruesome scene as two powerful forces confronted each other. In the end, Izuku emerged slightly injured, while the daemon was reduced to fragments of flesh, slowly absorbed by the surroundings.

Having retrieved his objective, a rectangular metal box, Izuku returned to The Crowley as his injuries began to heal. Surprisingly, Midnight was absent, so he left the box behind the counter and proceeded to the dormitories.

As he approached the building, he heard voices in disagreement. The volume wasn't alarming, but it was enough to cause concern.

Upon opening the door, Izuku found Ochaco, hands on her hips, and Midnight, in a relaxed posture, engaged in a dispute in the living room.

"Sensei? Ochaco? What's happening?" Izuku asked.

Midnight looked at him with a smile. "I was talking to your girlfriend, Izuku. She has caused quite a disturbance at the Court. And in Tír na nÓg."

Izuku thought, 'Ochaco did go out yesterday. Is that what she's been doing?'

"How would you know that?" he asked.

"I have my sources at Court, Izuku. I told you, information is vital to a Sorceress."

"And what did she say?"

Ochaco interjected, "Nothing unnecessary, My Love. Do not worry about it."

Sensing her reluctance to discuss details, Izuku decided to drop the subject. "Okay."

"I thought calling the Council of Nobles spineless fools was a nice touch," Midnight added, clearly not finished with the conversation.

"That was a closed meeting, how...Never mind. I am limited in what I can and cannot reveal. But there's little doubt the Outsiders are returning, and Thor plans to use us as a shield to protect himself. Those fools argue as if it is just routine politics."

"And the Fae?"

"The Fae are angry. They have their own sources, and it seems this is not Eindridi's only move against the Court. Some still remember Arthur's sacrifice."

"Are you planning to go back?"

Ochaco shook her head. "No. I have done all I could, possibly more than I should. I have made enemies this week that will cause future problems. But I do not care; that scoundrel came too close to killing you. And he intends to destroy my Court."