Ch. 1 Debut, Part 1

MASTERMIND IN KIVOTOS CH 1, Debut, Part 1. Prelude

Bain: We did it, the greatest heist in history... I'm proud of you guys... Oh... Ohh...

Those words echoed out has Bain's vision faded, his weary body welcomed it after fighting so long against the virus that was injected into him...

Bain opened his eyes to a black void, in front of him was a computer screen, one similar to what he uses to monitor the crew during heists. Although, it was floating midair. On it, was the founders of the Payday Gang: Dallas, Chains, Hoxton, Wolf, also Houston was there. All of them were lounging at a beach under a shade with a television hooked up Infront of them.

Bain: (I know their names but keeping them secret had kept us safe from the law and a god damn conspiracy. Although, being in the void is a new territory for me, so l'll keep their names confidential JUUUST in case if god knows what notes their names for (deserving) Karma of what we've done over the years. Anything is possible after going down the rabbit hole that is "Baldwin's Lament.")

Bain looked back up to see that the "camera" view panned across the beach, showing all the Heisters and Contractors enjoying the sun.

Bain: Looks like they've done it... We've all done it... A happy end for everyone...

He couldn't resist the urge to smile at all their hard work paying off despite being technically a dead man talking.

The television turned on after Dallas fiddled around with the remote. It showed an award ceremony for Solomon Garrett, the commissioner tasked with bringing them down...

Bain: That old ass, finally being rewarded for "taking down" the Payday gang when we got away with the greatest heist in History. Looks like he's being awarded by... a new President?

BGM: Payday 2 OST - Ode All'Avidità (Ode to Greed)

POTUS: My fellow Americans, it has been a difficult time for our Nation...

Bain: Why does he sound... familiar?

Miei tesori!~

POTUS: It is time for our country to heal, to come together as a people. As individuals, we have opened many doors to fortune...

Bain: Wait a minute...

Diamanti!~

POTUS: To follow our forebearers, to make this country not one, not two, but three times strong for future generations...

Bain: Wait, wait, wait!

Oro e argento!~

POTUS: So when we go to bed at night, each and every citizen of this great nation have earned their pay! America, Let's Do this!

Bain: Did I- Did I become PRESIDENT!?!

Ho tutto... ~

Bain watched in awe as the crew clapped for the President's speech, or rather for his speech in the 46th President's body. He simply stared at the floating monitor in the void, smiling while still processing that "Baldwin's Lament" was... Before a thought pop into his mind.

Bain: (Wait... If the POTUS is me... Where am I then?)

As soon as that question had been asked, the monitor began to float backwards... No, it wasn't going backwards, he was the one going backwards!

A-a-a-a-a-a-a! Guarda e giunta la tua ora!~

The Monitor was quickly fading from view. Bain saw a flash of a smart tablet riddled with bullet holes.

A-a-a-a-a-a-a! Vedi, la bisso si apre!~