Chapter Thirty

‧ ♪ ° ‣ ‧

"Ready?" I ask, slipping my heels on as Mel is leaning over her vanity, applying lip gloss.

"Yep," She smacks her lips and turns around. "I can't wait to meet up with your team! They're so fun."

"Remember, they're all guys. Don't get too crazy," I remind her.

"Even better!" She squeals, "They can lift me up on tables when I get drunk!"

"Last time you didn't even pay 'em any attention. What's with the switch up?"

"A girl can change her mind, no?" She gives me a smug look and I shake my head before looking at her outfit. She's wearing a black brallete with bell bottom jeans, and an oversized leather jacket thrown over her shoulders. White Nikes are on her feet, being the polar opposites of her usual platform heels that she adores so much. There are also hoops in her ears, while studs decorate her earlobe, and an olive green breton hat is just the thing that brings it all together. She looks completely different from her usual appearance, being more keen on skirts and dresses, but somehow she's rocking this look too. 

"You look good," I wink.

"Thanks, boo. So do you." Mel blows me a kiss before stopping in front of the door that leads to her bathroom. "You good in here?" She knocks twice. "Ron Ron?"

There's no reply for a second, only a huff, which I can interpret as in something went wrong. I glance over at the clock, seeing that we only have a little over twenty minutes before the guys come and pick us up.

"I can't believe this." Ronnie groans and lets us in, her face grumpy and annoyed.

"What's goin' on?" Mel asks, and we both step in to see what has happened. 

"Mel, I'm not wearing this. It barely covers my ass."

"Girl, what?" Mel steps closer, wanting to help the girl in distress. "You kiddin' right now?"

"Look." Ronnie turns, and that's when I see that she's right. The blueberry-colored short skirt makes the bottom of her cheeks peek out. I've always been aware that she likes wearing pants more than any type of dresses, and although she looks pretty in this one, I can see the discomfort on her face.

"You got too much cake back there. Wait, lemme grab another one." Mel quickly goes back to search for anything else in her closet. She brings out a cargo skirt with pockets that already has a belt sewed in, and shoves it into her hands. "Try this one."

With her face twisted into a frown, Ronnie hesitantly reaches for the zipper of her current outfit to discard it. It doesn't take long for her to change and once she has the cargo skirt on, it sits nicely, showing off her figure with the low waisted design. I grab a waist necklace and clip it around her, and it goes great paired up with the black tube top that covers her upper half.