Chapter Forty Five

‧ ♪ ° ‣ ‧

On my long-awaited day off, I take some extra time to wake up in the morning before slowly starting with my day. For some reason, I'm bathing in the calamity. After the longest time, I see that things are finally shifting back in place and I can relax my busy mind. I'm in no rush while getting ready, and I'm not thinking of anything other than how good of a change this is. 

After breakfast, I spray myself with the body mist and put the gym bag over my shoulder, briefly glancing at the clock to see that I still have plenty of time to get to the studio. I know I don't need to leave the confines of my home just yet, but since the feeling in my chest is pushing me to leave, I don't fight it, knowing that the desire to see JK is bigger than anything else at this moment. By the door, I put on my sneakers and walk out, followed by a distressed Ronnie that suddenly appears behind me.

"I have a job interview. Wish me luck," she says, wearing one of our mother's old, but well preserved pencil dresses, and pulls it down a little while also balances a thick portfolio in her hands. The heels that she wears along are completely out of her style, making the corner of my mouth lift, but I keep the comment to myself, wanting her to be in the highest spirits possible.

"You don't need luck. You'll blow their minds." I squeeze her hand and pull her into a hug before she runs off, happily waving seconds prior to jumping inside a cab. Even though she most likely didn't mention to anyone else that she has the interview today, I'm sure it's because she wanted to do this completely on her own. It's always been a trait that I most admired in her.

Being the youngest in the family, I invariably had this urge to look up to both her and Mario in everything that they did, feeling like they're rowing a path for me to learn either from their mistakes or their accomplishments. Without them, I don't think I could have ever walked in a straight line since they have always been two rocks supporting me on each side, making sure that I would refrain from tumbling over.

Lights on the traffic signal changing from red to green let me step forward as I make my way to the studio with a happy mind, knowing we're starting early today since the guys know about our dinner plans for the evening. I'm wearing my low-top sneakers along with a pastel yellow bodysuit and cutoffs, seeing that the sun isn't going to have any mercy on anyone today either.

It doesn't take me long to get to my destination, and I once again take in the art on the outer wall, slipping off my sunglasses to see the vibrant colors. There will never be a time where I wouldn't appreciate them. 

Music from the inside is faintly invading my ears, indicating that I'm yet again not the first one here, so I open the door to let myself in, being greeted with JK's back while he's dancing along to something. He notices me right away, stepping forward to lower to volume on the radio.